Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere nice for lunch outside city ?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭

I will be meeting a friend on Saturday who lives on the NE outskirts of Limerick. Rather than going into town is there anywhere nice for a drink & a snack a few miles East eg on the Dublin Road ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

finnegans at the crazy roundabout with all the works is a nice pub, nice food, synotts in newtown annacotty is a nice spot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

http://www.tuscany.ie/ in Annacotty is worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

+1 on Finnegans.

The Castletroy Park hotel does a nice carvery for 9.50

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kilmurry Lodge is nice spot toooo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Copper & Spice overhead the Mill Bar in Annacotty.

Or Sinnotts Bar in Castletroy for a carvery lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Used to go to Finnegans regularly when I worked over in NTP......if it's still as good, then it's definitely a candidate.

Not east, but well worth thinking about and just a swing across Childers Road or the new bypass, is the Ballysheedy Bar & Restaurant about 1.5 miles out from the Roxboro roundabout - anyone I've taken there goes back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Goosers in Ballina

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Finnegans is the best. you might have to book it though cause that place is mad busy. Saty away from the castletroy park hotel. since last year they got a new chef in and she is absolutely rubbish. althought the carvery might be ok. the hotel itself is lovely. Synnots is good for a feed too. Tuscany is a restaurant not really a good spot for having a few drinks. But the food there is brilliant. one of me best mates is a chef there. he's a legend for pasta dishes.

Advertisement