Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD/Plasma

• 09-01-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All
    Can any one tell me the difference LCD and plasma and which is the best.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Ha!
    A bit of a mine field when it comes to which is best. Plenty of arguments for and against each!
    They each are better at different things - Blacks are considered better on Plasma, viewing angle is wider and its generally considered better on video and motion whereas LCD is the choice for data.
    LCD technology is improving all the time - contrast ratio's improving, response times and viewing angle keep getting better.
    Most likely it will eventually win out as its short comings are improving all the time and its ultimately cheaper to make, lighter, thinner and doesn't suffer burn in like plasma.
    The best LCD is better then the best plasma so my vote is LCD;)

If you are looking to buy then I would suggest you consider what your primary use and budget is before purchasing as one type may be more suitable for you then the other at your price point and for your application.

You should look at the Tech - Home Entertainment - Video Displays forum for more info and maybe better answers!:D

Advertisement