Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water outage in Ferrybank

• 09-01-2009 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for info on the water outage in Ferrybank today.

I heard it was only for today, but my Mam just texted me to say she heard it's for the whole weekend... :eek:

As far as I know it's around the Abbey Park and Christendom area.

Anyone have any idea if it's gonna be off all weekend?

Thanks for any replies!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

was over there today myself doing a job . asked a few people and they said it was due to frozen pipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

hellfireie wrote: »
    was over there today myself doing a job . asked a few people and they said it was due to frozen pipes

Nah, it is the council. Off between 10 and 6 I think.
    Don't know for how long.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Friend living over there said its been off but were not told why. Assumed it was to-do with the warning about the lead in the pies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Sully wrote: »
    Friend living over there said its been off but were not told why. Assumed it was to-do with the warning about the led in the pies!

they have pies with led in them? the savages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭miss deise

Thanks everyone!!! :D

Seems to be back on now, but going on and off occasionally...

Still no idea what the reason for it is though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Hi,

was on to Kilkenny Co Co and they said it was due to 2 burst pipes and that water may be off occasionally over the weekend while trying to fix them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Water was off all day (Sunday) and still isn't back on. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Back now..gone from late Saturday night until 7.30 this morning which is shameful. Another example of Kilkenny county council not giving a toss about Ferrybank. Move the border now

Advertisement