Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Name That Sound?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Well the company ford focus is a worthy war horse..... but it has just developed a noise.

if i accelerate hard and the revs go above 3000 it sounds like an electric motor also( whizzing type noise)

it also happens if i am stationary and rev it up past 3000 revs.

its diesel 1.8. s you basically have this whizzing and diesel noise......

other possible symptoms.

when i got the car i noticed that there was a very slight chugging at around the 2000 rev ark. i assumed this was just the turbo kicking in and out..... but this chugging point has seemed to move down to 1600 revs.

its very slight feels like more of a rythmical pulse. very very slight though.

Any ideas? put it this way wil it upset the plant manager?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

noise above 3000 would suggest a turbo issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well it could happen below that but the hearing aint so great. no difference in power.

the chugging only appears if i maintain that rev

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ok. def dont think it the turbo.

poped the bonnet. it def is an electric motor of some sort.

power steering perhaps?

its noisy and getting worse although there is no difference in steering or power

Advertisement