Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about scratch repair

Options
  • 09-01-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have to get a few scrathes touched up on the car, especially on the drivers side door, looks like the old owner used to graze the wall when opening it. Just wondering how to these touch ups tend to turn out? The car is indigo blue. Thank you for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

JokerD wrote: »
    Hi, I have to get a few scrathes touched up on the car, especially on the drivers side door, looks like the old owner used to graze the wall when opening it. Just wondering how to these touch ups tend to turn out? The car is indigo blue. Thank you for any replies.

I used one of the Halfords kits to touch up a large stone chip on my bonnet. It turned out OK, but the colour match wasn't great and the metallic fleck in the paint is noticably larger than in the original paint. For small areas, it mightn't stand out too much. Also, if your car is fairly old your paint might have faded a bit anyway. I picked up a proper kit from the dealers the other day for about €20. I'd expect that to be a much better match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

TskTsk wrote: »
    I used one of the Halfords kits to touch up a large stone chip on my bonnet. It turned out OK, but the colour match wasn't great and the metallic fleck in the paint is noticably larger than in the original paint. For small areas, it mightn't stand out too much. Also, if your car is fairly old your paint might have faded a bit anyway. I picked up a proper kit from the dealers the other day for about €20. I'd expect that to be a much better match.

Just found out my friends mate in a garage will touch them up for me. I really hope it turns out well. You know first car and all that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

After that, buy a scratch remover, t-cut and a tin of elbow grease and you can do wonders:D

Advertisement