Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Certificate Of Road Worthiness

• 09-01-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question about the used car I got, now the garage lost the NCT Cert and I have to get a new one re-issued till May. They said it comes from Shannon. I've been looking for the address. Anyone know where I send the form to. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lost certificates and reports

If you lose or misplace your NCT certificate, you can obtain a replacement for a small fee (12.70 euro) by filling out an application form. Call into your local Garda station and obtain form RF134. You must complete the form and it must be stamped and signed by the Gardai. Send the form, your windscreen disk or NCT certificate (whichever part you still hold) and a cheque or postal order for the 12.70 fee payable to NCTS at the address under 'Where to apply'. If you wish to obtain a replacement NCT report, simply write to NCTS at the address below with details of your car registration, make and model of the vehicle and your own details together with a cheque or postal order for 12.70 euro payable to NCTS.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/vehicle-standards/national_car_test

Where to apply

Applications by post should be sent to the address below. You can to book/confirm/cancel your test interactively online, through the link above. Enquiries about the test can be forwarded to bookings@ncts.ie and:

National Car Testing Services (NCTS) Ltd.
    The Booking Department
    National Car Testing Service (NCTS) Ltd.
    Citywest Business Campus
    Lakedrive 3026
    Naas Road
    Dublin 24
    IRELAND
    Tel: 1890 200670
    Fax: +353 (0)1 4135996
    Homepage: http://www.ncts.ie
    Email: info@ncts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is it an NCT cert you require? If so you will need to contact the NCTS in Citywest in Dublin. The NCT has nothing to do with Shannon. The Vehicle Registration Office (VRO) is in Shannon and is completely separate from the NCT.

Random got there ahead of me with a lot more effort :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Random wrote: »
    Lost certificates and reports

If you lose or misplace your NCT certificate, you can obtain a replacement for a small fee (12.70 euro) by filling out an application form. Call into your local Garda station and obtain form RF134. You must complete the form and it must be stamped and signed by the Gardai. Send the form, your windscreen disk or NCT certificate (whichever part you still hold) and a cheque or postal order for the 12.70 fee payable to NCTS at the address under 'Where to apply'. If you wish to obtain a replacement NCT report, simply write to NCTS at the address below with details of your car registration, make and model of the vehicle and your own details together with a cheque or postal order for 12.70 euro payable to NCTS.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/vehicle-standards/national_car_test

Where to apply

Applications by post should be sent to the address below. You can to book/confirm/cancel your test interactively online, through the link above. Enquiries about the test can be forwarded to bookings@ncts.ie and:

National Car Testing Services (NCTS) Ltd.
    The Booking Department
    National Car Testing Service (NCTS) Ltd.
    Citywest Business Campus
    Lakedrive 3026
    Naas Road
    Dublin 24
    IRELAND
    Tel: 1890 200670
    Fax: +353 (0)1 4135996
    Homepage: http://www.ncts.ie
    Email: info@ncts.ie

I really appreciate your effort, I have the RF134 form, stamped and signed by Garda. Its a replacement document I need to the charge of E3.00(light). You say send the windscreen disc, I heard nothing about this. The dealer just said send away the RF134 forn with the money and they'll issue the new cert. Then I can get it taxed. Sorry for any trouble but I'm totally new to all this and don't have anyone around to point me in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

JokerD wrote: »
    I really appreciate your effort, I have the RF134 form, stamped and signed by Garda. Its a replacement document I need to the charge of E3.00(light). You say send the windscreen disc, I heard nothing about this. The dealer just said send away the RF134 forn with the money and they'll issue the new cert. Then I can get it taxed. Sorry for any trouble but I'm totally new to all this and don't have anyone around to point me in the right direction

You do NOT need an NCT to tax a car, or the VLC or insurance cert or anything else. All you need is the filled in RF100A form and the money. Only exception to this is the DOE cert for commercial vehicles. So you can tax your car now.

See the 'new' RF100A form from here:
    http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/Renewal/

A lot of CCs still have the old form on their websites which mentions NCT and has no room for your insurance policy number.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I could be wrong but is there any chance that the dealer is talking about VRT ...... its possible that the car was on UK Reg plates before the buyer purchased and the dealer didnt reveal clearly until the deal was done - then saying you need to get the thingy from Shannon !!!

Bring the car back to the dealer if this is the case !

(just my opinion)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭over9000dvd

does everyone need to fill in the cert of roadworthiness.. all i have for my car is an NCT cert which is a 12 didit number at the top of the cert.. rf100 has only 10 blank boxes to fill in this number.. so is this the same as nct number or something different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Best thing to do is bring the nct cert to the garda station when they are stamping the rf100 form and they will know. You might get better replies by starting a new thread. This one is a year and a half old;).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ZedsDead

does everyone need to fill in the cert of roadworthiness.. all i have for my car is an NCT cert which is a 12 didit number at the top of the cert.. rf100 has only 10 blank boxes to fill in this number.. so is this the same as nct number or something different?

i was wondering this myself as i havent filled in a tax renewal form before. In the notes for the form, it states that you need a 'Certificate of Roadworthiness' (CRW) for goods vehicles, trailers, buses and ambulances over 1 year old. So I presume this CRW is for commercial vehicles, and NCT is for non-commercial vehicles like my old banger. Would this be right?

Advertisement