Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS Module

Options
  • 09-01-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have been looking for an ABS module for q 2003 Ford Galaxy the dealer wants €1000 just for the part I have bought one from from England it is part number 3M21 2L580 BB the one on the car is YM21 2L580 BB it looks the same. I dont want to get it put in and find out it wont work. Anyone got any advice Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ddonlon wrote: »
    3M21 2L580 BB the one on the car is YM21 2L580 BB it looks the same. I dont want to get it put in and find out it wont work. Anyone got any advice Thanks

It could be vastly different - it may be the same. You will have to determine this. Chances are it's different as the part numbers do not match. That's not to say that one part has been superceded by another. But bear in mind that you are repairing a braking system that can potentially save a life - be sure you are replacing like for like and do not take a chance. Based solely on the part number evidence it does not appear that it is a like for like swap.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

ddonlon wrote: »
    I have been looking for an ABS module for q 2003 Ford Galaxy the dealer wants €1000 just for the part I have bought one from from England it is part number 3M21 2L580 BB the one on the car is YM21 2L580 BB it looks the same. I dont want to get it put in and find out it wont work. Anyone got any advice Thanks

hi there 3M21 2L580 BB is for a Diesel 1.9ti(130ps) 4 wheel anti locking without Traction control.

can't find any info on the other part number,are you sure it correct??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ddonlon

I nearly sure it is I googled the part number it came up on a German website http://translate.google.ie/translate_s?hl=en&q=YM21+2L580+BB&sl=en&tl=de . The engine on mine is 115BHP I have tried the galaxy owners club in England but I am having trouble with registering.

Advertisement