Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybunion born again Christians

Options
  • 09-01-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Whats with all these new born again Christians in Ballybunion I hear they were going to buy a pub to convert it to a church last month. If they can convert our water to wine they will make a fortune. Bring back the tourists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah.
    Might be an x factor kind of thing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 logical

No,to be serious now for a minute what is it with Ballybunion at the moment.
    There really seems to be a lot of born again Christians around. I have heard of a couple in the Faha area, out past Doon who are constantly talking about building a new church with the help of this real old lady they seem to be joined up with. These new religions seem to be catching on on the area.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

logical wrote: »
    No,to be serious now for a minute what is it with Ballybunion at the moment.
    There really seems to be a lot of born again Christians around. I have heard of a couple in the Faha area, out past Doon who are constantly talking about building a new church with the help of this real old lady they seem to be joined up with. These new religions seem to be catching on on the area.:rolleyes:

Nothing like a bit of tolerance.:rolleyes:

As long as they're not involved in human, or animal sacrifice, and don't come knocking on my door looking for money, they can do what they like. I usually find that born again Christians are more sincere than the other variety, if not a little OTT in allowing their religion to control every aspect of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

jlvn166l.jpg

But what I do not understand is where this couple are getting the money to build this church. They seem to be on the dole but drive around in a new mini bus and live in a grand house. Maybe they do go around knocking on doors collecting money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

But what I do not understand is where this couple are getting the money to build this church. They seem to be on the dole but drive around in a new mini bus and live in a grand house.

:mad:Typical of this fcuked up country :mad:

But what I do not understand is where this couple are getting the money to build this church. They seem to be on the dole but drive around in a new mini bus and live in a grand house. Maybe they do go around knocking on doors collecting money.

Perhaps you're jumping to illogical conclusions. They could be eccentric millionaires.

If they are millionares it is probably not from their own hard earned money but from what they can persuade folk to contribute to their church

I thought that the head man was a full-time school-teacher, so he'd hardly be on the dole.

The school teacher you are talking about is the head of the Born again Christians with a church on the Listowel road. It is a breakaway group I am talking about, they want to build their own church. There are only 3 of them a couple and an old lady 88yrs. To be honest it is the couple I would be worried about as it seems to be the older lady's money that is being used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The school teacher you are talking about is the head of the Born again Christians with a church on the Listowel road. It is a breakaway group I am talking about, they want to build their own church. There are only 3 of them a couple and an old lady 88yrs. To be honest it is the couple I would be worried about as it seems to be the older lady's money that is being used.

Ive been reading this thread and I'd like to know: logical - what are you suggesting or trying to suggest here? and based on what evidence and/or proof ? take note I'm asking for evidence/proof as opposed to assumptions/presumptions and/or personal opinion

What I am trying to suggest is fairly obvious, building a church for 3 people is weird to say the least, do you not think?

This is the internet equivalent of curtain-twitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

*pops mod head in*

Thanks ejmaztec for asking the moderator to pop in.
    My reply to that is
    "For evil to flourish , it only requires good men to do nothing"
    The old lady is my concern, if anyone has an opinion on the subject it would be a great relief know if I need worry about her or not.

Actually no-one asked me to pop in. I was keeping an eye and felt it was time to make a friendly and subtle nod just to remind everyone to keep things friendly here!

Thanks ejmaztec for asking the moderator to pop in.
    My reply to that is
    "For evil to flourish , it only requires good men to do nothing"
    The old lady is my concern, if anyone has an opinion on the subject it would be a great relief know if I need worry about her or not.

If I were you, I would take it up with the old lady's family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

440Hz wrote: »
    *pops mod head in*
    :p:p

I decided to take Ejmaztecs advice and have had a chat with the family.

Contrary to Baccararguys post they are not lifelong friends. The lady only became aquainted with them when she retired back to Ireland after spending all her working life in Liverpool. Most of the family are highly suspicous of them and they are certainly not on friendly terms. As for financial gain the fact that they and their adult family live rent free in a bungalow owned by her says a lot,and that is just for a start.

I think this thread is going nowhere, and that's far enough in the wrong direction for my liking!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement