Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Kitty

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'd appreciate any help with this one, I have a kitten/cat about a year and a half old who keeps vomiting but only when he's alone, it seems to be happening every other day for the last week, I've a funny feeling he's fretting because he was left alone quite a bit over the holidays, does anyone have any ideas what is going on? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Where is he left alone? Indoors/outdoors? (Has he access to stuff that he shouldn't eat...)
    Is there anything in the vomit? (Apart from carrots >.<)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Karoma wrote: »
    Where is he left alone? Indoors/outdoors? (Has he access to stuff that he shouldn't eat...)
    Is there anything in the vomit? (Apart from carrots >.<)

As well as those questions,

Do you see him eating grass (or house plants etc)? Does it happen after he eats or around food time, or is there any other pattern to the timing that you can spot? Do you worm him on a regular basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Hi, he's left indoors all day with no plants, I haven't wormed him in about six months maybe? There's nothing in the vomit other then catfood and I don't know how long after eating he vomits as he only does it when he's being left alone

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I remember after I moved house my two cats were so stressed that they vomited a few times in the first few days, but if your cat hasn't had any major changes apart from being left alone it would be a bit strange.

Apart from that time the only other things that have caused my cats to vomit were cheap catfood, hairballs and when one of them got a throat infection - and in that case the cat was obviously very sick - she hid under the bed and wouldn't eat.

Is your cat in good form otherwise - eating, drinking and playing etc? If it is sleeping more, hiding or seeming a bit lethargic then you better bring it to the vet. Otherwise - maybe just keep a close eye on him to see if he is ok now that you are around again.

Advertisement