Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours Irish??

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I'm in first year in college but am seriously considering dropping out and going to do teaching. I have the points for it but not the honours irish. Do you think that it is possible to cram the entire course in in the few months leading up to the exam...and more to the point is it still possible to apply to do the exam at this stage??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I think you apply for the exam in March. The course is pretty long, there are loads of poems, a good few prose pieces and all that Stáir to learn, not to mention the oral and aural. That's quite a lot, do you think you'd have time to study all that while in college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You can apply for the exam until February 1st (well February 14th really but it's €30 extra).

It's worth making up your mind as soon as possible. AFAIK, if you drop out before the end of this month, you'll just have to pay half fees next year. After that, you'll have to pay the full fees for first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

If you've the patience for it! Honours Irish is such a fricking long course! There's a lot of learning in it.
    Sorry not trying to scare you or anything, but it is a lot of work to do well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

What's your standard of irish? If you've already got a high standard then go for it, if not then it'll probably take a lot longer than 6 months to get through what is a fecking long course.

Advertisement