Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year Holliers!

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

I was just talking with a few of my mates and where they're going on there 6th year holidays. Just curious as to where other people are going and for how long?

My year are going to Hersonassis in Crete for 2 weeks! Should be savage although I do think 2 weeks will be a struggle! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Not arsed.

Don't care how little your €750 package to Ayi Nappa cost.. .I've heard that same story every year. Its gonna cost you €2000 by the end so don't kid yourself.

Mate of mine, 10 days, €750 to get there & stay. Then €2000 by day 10 to club, drink and eat. Clubs on the continent are expensive. Some Ibiza clubs are €20 in and more. Some Irish kids really don't know the international clubbing scene and your in for a shock.

Waste of time IMO.

But all the same, enjoy yourself!

If you're going to do anything go interrailing. It's bloody fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

first i've heard about any holiday. I think I'll just like, not go. Better things to spend money on tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

Thats right....why go on a 6th year holiday when you can sit on your computer flaming threads.

Oh and I never once said that I didn't expect it to cost a **** load so how exactly can I "Kid Myself"? I have money saved up for it although I dont plan to spend near €2000 but still its a fair bit and with accounts of previous years in the same place its meant to be lethal over there so I'm not complaining. (L)

And yea I would much prefer to go interrailing, I'd love to experience the European culture with a bit of clubbing and boozing while at it. Defo gonna do it in a few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Thats right....why go on a 6th year holiday when you can sit on your computer flaming threads.

Oh and I never once said that I didn't expect it to cost a **** load so how exactly can I "Kid Myself"? I have money saved up for it although I dont plan to spend near €2000 but still its a fair bit and with accounts of previous years in the same place its meant to be lethal over there so I'm not complaining. (L)

And yea I would much prefer to go interrailing, I'd love to experience the European culture with a bit of clubbing and boozing while at it. Defo gonna do it in a few years!

I declined at first, thinking hmmmmmmm interailing would be fun, but then I thought, my mates? 3 weeks=Cabin Fever, So I thought Id meet (well me and 2 others) them nearing the end of the trip in some city. Now I dunno, I wish I just took Aya Napa!

But now the financial issue is preventing me commiting to anything for the moment, which isnt a bad thing :D

I'd rather get a job, work all summer, and have money during college, I dunno. Getting a job shant be easy though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Fad wrote: »
    I declined at first, thinking hmmmmmmm interailing would be fun, but then I thought, my mates? 3 weeks=Cabin Fever, So I thought Id meet (well me and 2 others) them nearing the end of the trip in some city. Now I dunno, I wish I just took Aya Napa!

But now the financial issue is preventing me commiting to anything for the moment, which isnt a bad thing :D

I'd rather get a job, work all summer, and have money during college, I dunno. Getting a job shant be easy though.

+1

I also hope to get a job and save up for having a good first year in college as opposed to a good 2 week stint abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

China, hopefully, for 2weekz

~Candy~ wrote: »
    China, hopefully, for 2weekz

Fancy!

I was in China last Easter, was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

I was just talking with a few of my mates and where they're going on there 6th year holidays. Just curious as to where other people are going and for how long?

My year are going to Hersonassis in Crete for 2 weeks! Should be savage although I do think 2 weeks will be a struggle! :pac:

Is that you young Coghlan?

ironclaw wrote: »
    Not arsed.

Don't care how little your €750 package to Ayi Nappa cost.. .I've heard that same story every year. Its gonna cost you €2000 by the end so don't kid yourself.

Mate of mine, 10 days, €750 to get there & stay. Then €2000 by day 10 to club, drink and eat. Clubs on the continent are expensive. Some Ibiza clubs are €20 in and more. Some Irish kids really don't know the international clubbing scene and your in for a shock.

Waste of time IMO.

Of course it's going to cost a hell of a lot of money that's a given. As long as the money is raised independently, and not Mammy and Daddy paying for it I don't see the problem of wanting to get into the sun for a week or 2 with a couple of friends on what is probably your first holiday away without parents. It's an experience. Not remember what it was like to be young eh?

BTW Inter railing should be left 'til after first year of college IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Leejo wrote: »

Meh, once people get into college they just want to do J1's, SE Asia etc.
    Going interrailing after the LC is a good idea imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ibiza for a week after the results, 13 lads and lassies going. Which I organised.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Off to Barcelona for 10 days, really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm with the save up and summer work. Work is going to be very scarce next summer so employers are going to be looking for commitment throughout the summer I'd say.

I'm going Skiing in Winter 2009. Its cheaper (And so much cooler (Excuse the pun)) and not have as many boozed up sods to contend with..

I amn't flaming and fair play for going away. Its always good crack but some 6th years I know really don't have an idea of costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

London for a few weeks I think, a friend is going househunting and invited me along :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I went Inter-railing after my LC, Great time, Got to see loads and Was pretty cheep traveling around Eastern Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

Ibiza for a week after the results, 13 lads and lassies going. Which I organised.:cool:

When you going over.. Man i went over on a friday which is manumission night and its the best place ever.. top clubs are 50euro. tieso monday night .. drinks ain't cheap 10euro a bottle but long as your sloshed before going into them nightclubs get some gas into you its a 5er think its laughin gas no real harm in it you'll see them walkin around asking you if you want some. and a boat trip is a must think that was 40euro but you get a free mixed drink whenever you want!

1700 euro i spent in a week.

If you want any more info P.M me

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭spillit67

ironclaw wrote: »
    Not arsed.

Waste of time IMO.

Bull, Hersonisos is dirt cheap and anyone who's been knows this from last year. If your an idiot and start renting out quads everyday then maybe it'll cost a ridiculous amount. Its free in everywhere and drinks are cheap. For a lot of people its the only time they'll go on such a 'holiday' of this kind. 95% of people love the week or so they spend away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kingser wrote: »
    When you going over.. Man i went over on a friday which is manumission night and its the best place ever.. top clubs are 50euro. tieso monday night .. drinks ain't cheap 10euro a bottle but long as your sloshed before going into them nightclubs get some gas into you its a 5er think its laughin gas no real harm in it you'll see them walkin around asking you if you want some. and a boat trip is a must think that was 40euro but you get a free mixed drink whenever you want!

1700 euro i spent in a week.

If you want any more info P.M me

Heading over on the 21st August till the 28th. I know about prices and all, few of the lads and lassies heading with us went over during the summer so they know the place already and stuff.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

Leejo wrote: »
    Is that you young Coghlan?

Of course it's going to cost a hell of a lot of money that's a given. As long as the money is raised independently, and not Mammy and Daddy paying for it I don't see the problem of wanting to get into the sun for a week or 2 with a couple of friends on what is probably your first holiday away without parents. It's an experience. Not remember what it was like to be young eh?

@hhh well hello there young johnston! and dont you talk about mammy and daddy etc.....they got you a car and insurance!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Im off to crete with 6 other girls for 2 weeks.My 18th brithday present off the old pair yay.one of the girls 20th while were over there so that'll be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Going to Zakynthos for a while. I actually don't really know too much since I'm not that keen. I'm only going really since it's what got the winning vote between us. I'll have fun though so it won't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

@hhh well hello there young johnston! and dont you talk about mammy and daddy etc.....they got you a car and insurance!!:pac:

Car was free, insurance and tax was all my own doing...both up this month :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Fad wrote: »
    Fancy!

I was in China last Easter, was brilliant.

sweet:D, where about in China did you went,
    like we couldn't pick...lol we are really bad at organizing
    Beijing?Hongkong?

~Candy~ wrote: »
    sweet:D, where about in China did you went,
    like we couldn't pick...lol we are really bad at organizing
    Beijing?Hongkong?

I was in Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing. Beijing was savage, well all of them were. Cant remark on Hong Kong, we weren't there but prepare to be suffocated by the heat if you are going there during the summer. It is meant to be insanely hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Posh Git!;)

I'm going to Europe July 2nd or 9th, it will be one of: Northern Ireland, Wales, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.

Bitta lucky dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Piste wrote: »
    Off to Barcelona for 10 days, really looking forward to it!

SO jealous! I think I'll suggest this to my friends.
    phasers wrote: »
    London for a few weeks I think, a friend is going househunting and invited me along :D

My original plan was London, because it's my favourite place in the world, and some of my friends haven't been yet. So I think I'll try and get them to combine the two, a couple of days in London, then a couple of days in Barcelona. That way we still get to see the sun! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Myth wrote: »
    If you're going to do anything go interrailing. It's bloody fantastic.
    Something Ive wanted to do for years but dont have the funds! :(
    Think Im headin over to London with one of my mates to stay in his Aunties gaf and go see a few musicals, go drinking and whatnot.

Go to Prague, it's dirt cheap and great fun. Who can complain when 14% pints of beer are less than €2 and 16" pizzas are around €5:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

My year are going to Hersonassis in Crete for 2 weeks!

Did it.
    Amazing.

Are you staying in the Frida or Mika Villas? Its more or less bound to be one of the two.

Personally, I hate 'thump thump' music, but I reckon I had the best week of my life over there. Spent most of it by a pool, happy as larry.

Its an absolute myth its some upper middle-class playground. Most of the crowd I went with worked their way there, and theres plenty of 'the little people' there on holidays too. A few lads getting their daddies to bale them out of the local prison got the place a bad reputation :rolleyes:

Avoid the police. The worst I've ever encountered. The locals hate them, in fact Crete, and indeed Hersonnisis has seen a bit of violence itself in the last few weeks since the police murdered a 15 year old in Athens.**Its quiet now** When we were there locals were getting nabbed for next to nothing, and Irish/English lads who fall out with them can expect a few slaps too apparently....so basically

*Helmets on scooters
    *NO GOING TO THE TOILET IN PUBLIC,EVER.
    *No fighting. No matter what anyone says about your mammy.

Cant over-reccomend 'The Temple Bar'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Crete for a week for me. About 20 girls & 20 lads heading..

Advertisement