Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitting Dog

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey guys,There's a woman who lives near myself she has a young Rottweiler [ male ]
    She always carries around a large stick and hits him if he does anything. This dog is a pure dote, i've often gone over to give him a rub down and if the dogs jumps up or even rolls on his back she will either hit him into the stomach or use the stick, i've told him it's ok if he wants to jump on myself:) but she doesn't take any notice. If he won't sit when she asks him to she will tug on his choke chain very tightly untill he will:eek:.
    I feel so bad for this dog but what can i say to her without offending her:confused:
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's possible she's training it to be a guard dog I guess and wants it to be aggressive instead of friendly.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Say Nothing to the evil b!tch! Call the ISPCA

This is the report cruelty link for the ISPCAReport ruelty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

well no she's not training the dog to be a guard dog,
    she really doesn't have a clue how to teach a dog if that's what's she's trying to do
    I agree she is a evil b...h !!!!!!!!
    lol
    I myslef have a rotty same age and wouldn't dream of doing any of that.
    Would hate to think what she would do with mine since he's soooooo hyper:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

If you think that she is being cruel report her for cruelty to animals. It's obviously not a one-off incident so report it. Maybe if somebody from the IPSCA gets in contact with her she will stop.

Hey guys. I've just got their number and i'm gonna give 'em a call as soon as. What exactly will happen when they get in conatct with herslef:confused:

• Advertisement

Arent rotweillers vicious dogs? before youd see me hitting one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Don't be a fool Hogzy, any dog is only as vicious as you allow it to be. either from absconding from your responsibilities to keep it under control through proper training and care or properly beating the sh1t out of it.

You should definitely report her, mouldy aul one!

BJC wrote: »
    Don't be a fool Hogzy!

Jaysus!!!:eek: No need for the prophanities man! Im hardly a dog whisperer now am i?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Report her immediately.!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Arent rotweillers vicious dogs? before youd see me hitting one of them...
    Depends on how you treat the dog, any dog.
    I'm on my 3rd rotty and the only thing they would do 2 you is lick you to death :p
    If she continues to do this to him, i'm sure he'll turn on her in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

lucky111 wrote: »
    If she continues to do this to him, i'm sure he'll turn on her in time.

Which will result in the poor dog being put down for being an vicious beast.

What comes around goes around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Hi lucky111. Something that you may need to consider is if the woman will cop that it was you who called the authorities on her. If you have expressed concern about it in the past to her and since you are a dog lover, she may have a good idea that it was you, even if she has no proof.
    Seeing as she is the type of person that beats on her dog, she might make life difficult for you and your family in the future, if you report her and she suspects it was you.
    Just how close does she live to you and how well does she know you?

I'd love for somebody to give her a few cracks with her favourite stick to see how it feels... BUT... will it be worth it for you if you have to pay the price for years to come?

Anyway good luck with the situation and fair play for the concern, but think of yourself aswell!

Rory123 wrote: »
    Hi lucky111. Something that you may need to consider is if the woman will cop that it was you who called the authorities on her. If you have expressed concern about it in the past to her and since you are a dog lover, she may have a good idea that it was you, even if she has no proof.
    Seeing as she is the type of person that beats on her dog, she might make life difficult for you and your family in the future, if you report her and she suspects it was you.
    Just how close does she live to you and how well does she know you?

I'd love for somebody to give her a few cracks with her favourite stick to see how it feels... BUT... will it be worth it for you if you have to pay the price for years to come?

Anyway good luck with the situation and fair play for the concern, but think of yourself aswell!
    Hey there Rory, yeah i know what you mean.
    She might twig that it's me.
    I'm gonna talk it over with my OH.
    But it's gonna kill me if i don't do anything.
    She has caught me staring at her when she's with other people beating him:(
    Why did the stupid woman get a rotty if she doesn't have a clue how to look after him:mad:
    Oh and she doesn't feed him dog food only 'human food '
    ' He doesn't like animal food ' WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Why did the stupid woman get a rotty if she doesn't have a clue how to look after him:mad:
    ...Because she's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

lucky111, call the local warden and see if they'll come and have a chat to her about how she should be looking after the dog.

As an aside, I wouldn't be telling anybody's rottweiler that it's okay to jump up on me. Those dogs can reach over 10 stone - and if it's okay to jump up on you, why isn't it okay to jump up on some 12 year old? Then when they flatten the child and the child's parents call it a savage attack, the rottie gets PTS.

Four on the floor with big dogs - makes it easier on everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Take the stick off her a wrap it around her . I would go mental if i seen anyone hit an animal.
    If ya dont do that ya could sneak to her hows and teach her dog how to sic(sp?) owners leg, without leaving marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would avoid the warden & report the matter to the ISPCA with evidence such as dates times or ideally mobile phone footage. Explain that you are worried that she might know that it was you & they will tell her a false story to keep you in the clear.

Re: Rotties. It would appear that the following ad on this page of Boards will review them before you buy !

Rottweiler Dog
    Save time and money when shopping! Price comparison & product reviews.
    www.DealTime.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

But it's gonna kill me if i don't do anything.

Oh and she doesn't feed him dog food only 'human food '
    ' He doesn't like animal food ' WTF

Do something,feck what she thinks about it.

why should she get away with this-and feeding the dog human food only shows she has no clue about dogs at all.

ps. you should not encourage big dogs to jump up on you because your alright with it, my rotty has a habit of jumping up and im trying to discourage this as he's so big, he playfully jumped on a 4 yr old the other day and sent her flying, your letting the dog feel that this is ok.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

ps. you should not encourage big dogs to jump up on you because your alright with it, my rotty has a habit of jumping up and im trying to discourage this as he's so big, he playfully jumped on a 4 yr old the other day and sent her flying, your letting the dog feel that this is ok.[/quote]
    You're right about that;)
    She said since she's got him [ about 3 mths ago ] he hasn't touched dog food only human:eek:
    Fry ups and whatever they have for dinners:mad:
    I am going to report her

Advertisement