Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a vehicle inspection company?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:43pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know of anyone other than the AA who does vehicle inspection? Have a friend who's buying a new car, but his budget is quite low (less than a grand), and he's just checked the AA website and it's costing upwards of €262 for a basic check, so he can't really afford that much. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, the RAC offer a similar service. Apart from that you can always engage an independent assesor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Toots85 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know of anyone other than the AA who does vehicle inspection? Have a friend who's buying a new car, but his budget is quite low (less than a grand), and he's just checked the AA website and it's costing upwards of €262 for a basic check, so he can't really afford that much. Any ideas?

I think he needs to look at their price list again! 393 Euro for "Essential Checks"!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I think he needs to look at their price list again! 393 Euro for "Essential Checks"!

Oh jebus!!! Well I think that definitely rules out the AA so! Where would I find one of these independent assessors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

when i was looking into getting a car, i dropped into my local garage that we bought a few cars off, and the mechanic said that he could take a look at the car and give it a once over, but he wont sign his name over his check as such.
    he suggested that if its a new enough car then that should do. its a risk alright if you dont get the official check done and you need to prove it afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

The AA is a rip off, they charge a ridicilous amount for the check. I've heard this company mentioned on Boards before:

http://www.carcheckireland.com/default.php

The person that mentioned them said he found em very good, great price too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do they come to the dealers and check the car there? If it's a Limerick based company would they not be only local?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

you can try this one below,it may be useful to you!it cost you 99 euro for Car Inspection and Road test!

http://www.carsireland.ie/free-car-check.php?reg_no=01d10757

:D best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Caderyn wrote: »
    Do they come to the dealers and check the car there? If it's a Limerick based company would they not be only local?
    I heard about them on boards, the person that mentioned em said they go anywhere in Ireland

Advertisement