Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Entire Weekend Test Drive

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Do any garages give cars out for weekend test drives?

As in Friday till Saturday or even till Monday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Any dealer looking to make a sale will do this in the current climate. Once your own insurance can cover the vehicle with full comprehensive insurance then I don't see why there should be any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

hmmm interesting point you made there, if the insurance can cover the cechicle with comprehensive insurance.
    when i wanted to take a car of a test drive, he wouldnt let me take the car out on my own unless i had comprehensive insurance. which would mean that i only had 3rd party fire & theft on the car.

ask them for a puppy dog sale.
    and dont tell him you only want it to drive down to tipp to show off to all the lasses :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm still on my 'learner permit'. Could I do a test drive with a qualified person or the dealer in the car or am I better off just getting someone on a pink licence to do it?
    Whole weekend would be cool though..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Berty wrote: »
    Hello,

Do any garages give cars out for weekend test drives?

As in Friday till Saturday or even till Monday?

Lol, if you could convince them enought that you would buy the car, they could possibily give you a test drive for the weekend. Note the conditional tense. Or you could just rent a car lol:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have e-mailed BMW and Volkswagen and Im sure they will call tomorrow or Monday. I have an Audi and the guys at work have the new A4's and I dont like them. I want a Lexus but there are no Lexus dealers in Limerick any more.

I also e-mailed Opel. I would like to test drive an elite or SE at minimum but the last time I was in the dealership they only has S and SC which were awfully badly specced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lol, if you could convince them enought that you would buy the car, they could possibily give you a test drive for the weekend. Note the conditional tense. Or you could just rent a car lol:cool:

Ah Shhh. Im a sales man after all so I dont think that will be an issue. I am due for a car replacement soon so it wont be a lie. It will be just a freakish coincidence ;) that my car is going to be in the panel beaters that weekend.

A sale is a sale irregardless of whether I buy now or later this year. Its all about brand positioning and if I can drive around Limerick and Tipp advertising for them, how bad??

Advertisement