Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Spring Cleaning

• 09-01-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

WWE have released Bam Neely,Dlo Brown and 20+ year employee and referee Jimmy Korderas

Source: wwe.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sad to see Jim go there, a good referee. Taz used to always say "if that's his real name" :D

Sad to see D'Lo go, haven't seen Bam in a while, looked like they were going to do a story with him and Chavo. Not taking any more crap from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

EdK wrote: »
    WWE have released Bam Neely,Dlo Brown and 20+ year employee and referee Jimmy Korderas
    Linky!
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/dloreleased
    Neely was useless, the Bourne thing did not help
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=35717&p=1

FIRST CONFIRMED WWE TALENT RELEASE
    by Mike Johnson @ 2009-01-09 17:00:47

PWInsider.com has confirmed Bam Neely (Justin LaRouche) was released earlier today by World Wrestling Entertainment.

LaRouche had been sent back down to WWE developmental and there was some heat on him after Evan Bourne's ankle injury as he was supposed to catch Bourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Cheers for the links, what a team!

Add 10 year employee Val Venis to the list that I'm sure will grow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wow D'Lo got quite a run this time.

• Advertisement

Former Referee and producer Tim White added aswell as former ECW wrestler Kevin Thorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bam Neely wasn't too blame for what happened to Bourne. He did nothing wrong and if you take those risks in every match injuries happen.

I'd say Duggan's getting nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Add Hardcore Holly, Kung FuNaki and any number of the newer superstars. Expect another referee or two to be dropped too.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Bam Neely wasn't too blame for what happened to Bourne. He did nothing wrong and if you take those risks in every match injuries happen.

I'd say Duggan's getting nervous[
    /QUOTE]

True Especially considering some of the long termers they chopped, They let Val Venis recover from injury then let him go, which you can look at as harsh but it's the WWE and atleast they had enough decency not to fire an injured star (unless you are Test)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bubs101 wrote: »

I'd say Duggan's getting nervous
    Isnt Duggan on a Legends contract?

• Advertisement

Hes got a unique contract I believe where its a legends contract meaning he can compete elsewhere but needs to be available for WWE shows if they ask him to, or something along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

If they choose to make an eejit out of him (as always). :mad:

Stupid WWE. Jericho said he wasn't in his league and refused to wrestle him. Go to TNA Jim where they won't take the pi$$. Might even give him a title because the WWE sure as hell won't.

Hes got a unique contract I believe where its a legends contract meaning he can compete elsewhere but needs to be available for WWE shows if they ask him to, or something along those lines

Is that all legend contracts are?

no its got more to do with WWE having the right to merchandise your name and likeness if you aren't on their active roster, but it duggans case it also means he's free to do appearances outside WWE aswell when he isnt needed by them, most guys on legends contracts dont appear regularly with the WWE so they can do what they want already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Shame about D'Lo, was glad to see him back but when they did nothing creatively from the get go, it seemed he wouldn't last very long anyway :(

I wonder if there are more cuts to come, development talent possibly?

creative having nothing for guys is a common excuse can they not just let guys wrestle and see where it takes them, it seems creative are quite poor at being creative why sign a guy to a contract if you have nothing for him figure that out before hand

I wonder if there are more cuts to come, development talent possibly?

Ryan Braddock and Gavin Spears me thinks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Former Referee and producer Tim White added aswell as former ECW wrestler Kevin Thorn

That's a shame, I was pretty immpressed with him when he started (ability-wise, not the vampire gimmick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The list so far:

Referees & agents

Keenan Quinn
    Mike Posey
    Jimmy Korderas
    Tim White
    Barry Windham (released earlier than others)

Wrestlers

Bam Neeley (Justin La Roche)
    D Lo Brown (AC Conner)
    Val Venus (Sean Morley)
    Kevin Thorn (Kevin Fertig)
    Gavin Spears (Ronnie Arniell)
    Mike Kreul (Mike Mayo)

Anyone care to make any predictions of who else is going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 shuggashugga

Scottie Goldman sadly imo will be going..If only they gave him a segment for himself on ECW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

The lad on Raw with blonde hair might be going maybe??Sorry but i cant remember his name:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    The lad on Raw with blonde hair might be going maybe??Sorry but i cant remember his name:D:pac:

I think they're quite fond of him. He might actually get a chance to prove himself before they drop him.

My list of potential chopped talent for first quarter 2009:

Charlie Haas
    Hardcore Holly
    Jamie Noble
    Layla
    Manu
    Snuka

Hawkins/Ryder
    Helms
    Eve whatshername
    Kung Fu Naki
    Braddock
    Goldman

The Burchills
    Ricky Ortiz

Take your pick for cost reducing.

The bold ones are 100% not going

What u basing that on? I reckon theres a good chance 1 or both Burchills will be on their way at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

The list so far:

Anyone care to make any predictions of who else is going?
    SOS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

There is alot of airhead divas that cant wrestle that should get the boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

dsmythy wrote: »
    I think they're quite fond of him. He might actually get a chance to prove himself before they drop him.

My list of potential chopped talent for first quarter 2009:

Charlie Haas
    Manu
    Snuka

Hawkins/Ryder
    Helms
    Eve whatshername
    Kung Fu Naki
    Braddock
    Goldman

The Burchills
    Ricky Ortiz

Take your pick for cost reducing.

I'd love to see the back of Hawkins / Ryder, they were mildly entertaining when WWE filtered with the idea of making them Edge’s doppelganger - henchmen but, like all tag teams bar one, they're pointless to the WWE from I'm seeing.

I find Haas entertaining enough, no more than Mark Henry; he's there to do one thing. Henry is there to be a bruiser, Haas is there to make kids laugh and with the PG rating, he will probably stay.

One than really grinds my gears is Manu. I'm NOT being racist but I don't see the point of Samoans. Apart from The Rock, they're fat, bland and pointless. It's the same thing with them all, "great agility for a big man." Rikishi, Samoa Joe, Umaga and now Manu. I just don't think the Samoan wrestlers add anything to any roster. Again, apart from The Rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm kinda worried for santino, i love him and the wwe know people like him because of the ammount of mic time he gets but he constantly gets buried every week...

Degag wrote: »
    I'm kinda worried for santino, i love him and the wwe know people like him because of the ammount of mic time he gets but he constantly gets buried every week...

If they let santino go then that would make me take another step towards just not watching wrestling anymore, well i mean wwe.:p

but he is what he is, the comic relief. He isnt a fantastic wrestler at the moment but i think wwe know how good he really is, and whenever the time is right im sure they will turn him and re-invent the santino marella who won the ic belt after being picked out of the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Calling Duggan a legend is a bit much.

• Advertisement

If they let santino go then that would make me take another step towards just not watching wrestling anymore, well i mean wwe.:p

but he is what he is, the comic relief. He isnt a fantastic wrestler at the moment but i think wwe know how good he really is, and whenever the time is right im sure they will turn him and re-invent the santino marella who won the ic belt after being picked out of the crowd.

Yeah, that time will come when he just isn't funny anymore. Everything has a shelf-life. I feel he has lost some comic edge more recently compared with the past bar the odd golden moment here and there. The whole him and Beth thing is getting old now as well i think so i'd imagine they are already planning his next comic move probably involving the Rosa Mendes character. If he falls flat in one comic storyline then maybe that will be a change for him.

Calling Duggan a legend is a bit much.

His legends contract suggests different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Sorry if this brings the thread a little off topic

How can the WWE just release people from they're contracts? I always though wrestlers were on 2-3 year contracts most of the time so how can they be legally released mid contract. would WWE not be in breach of contract. i doubt Vince pays up the remaining balance of the contract to the wrestlers on they're release so how can they get away with it. unless that is American law is different. anyone know?

Sorry if this brings the thread a little off topic

How can the WWE just release people from they're contracts? I always though wrestlers were on 2-3 year contracts most of the time so how can they be legally released mid contract. would WWE not be in breach of contract. i doubt Vince pays up the remaining balance of the contract to the wrestlers on they're release so how can they get away with it. unless that is American law is different. anyone know?

I'd guess that there is a clause in each contract that it can be terminated without (or with little) compensation, with this presumably being legal. Wouldn't know for certain though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd guess that there is a clause in each contract that it can be terminated without (or with little) compensation, with this presumably being legal. Wouldn't know for certain though.

That can hardly be legal can it?

That can hardly be legal can it?

If someone gives that right by signing a contract then who can give out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

World Wrestling Entertainment has released both Sgt. Slaughter and Ron Simmons.

Someone's bound to do it so it may as well be me - DAMN!

D-FENS wrote: »
    World Wrestling Entertainment has released both Sgt. Slaughter and Ron Simmons.

Someone's bound to do it so it may as well be me - DAMN!

Neither suprises me.

Simmons was funny for a few weeks but there are only so many times it can be done. :(

not so much a firing but

SD Spoiler

Victoria announces her retirement from WWE on SD this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=35850&p=1
    Referee Mickie Henson (who prior to working for WWE, worked as Mickey Jay in WCW and several territories during his over 20 years in the business) has been released. Henson has been out on medical leave from the company and has not been on TV in some time.

Matt Cappotelli has also been released. Cappotelli won a WWE contract in Tough Enough III (the same season that John Morrison won a contract), and was working in OVW when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He underwent successful surgery in May of 2007 to have a tumor removed and had hoped to return to the ring at some point.

Surely the whole coming back from Brain Cancer could be used to help him get over, if they gave him another couple of years. They stuck by him this long only to cut him now.

PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has released British developmental wrestler Hade Vansen. Vansen was signed in 2007 after a WWE Europe tour but missed most of 2008 due to injury.

There were plans for Vansen to be alligned with Kevin Fertig (Kevin Thorn) and FCW/WWE wrestler Black Pain, and a vignette was even run on Smackdown teasing the character. They were to feud with Undertaker in a Michael Hayes booking idea that was reportedly vetoed by Vince McMahon.

another gone

• Advertisement

What's the chances of SOS having to come back to these parts?

What's the chances of SOS having to come back to these parts?

As current FCW champion, at the moment very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Shaneomac wrote: »
    His legends contract suggests different
    Oh, if his contract says it, it must be true.:rolleyes:
    Best not to judge someone's legendary status on their actual sucess as a pro-wrestler.

Yeah that makes sense. Forgot about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gerry81

he ain't the FCW champion any longer, dropped the title to Eric escobar on 4/1/09 in a fatal froway between himself,escobar,drew mcintyre and joe hennig. escobar pinned mcintyre for the win.

Oh, if his contract says it, it must be true.:rolleyes:
    Best not to judge someone's legendary status on their actual sucess as a pro-wrestler.

First Royal Rumble winner. The guys been around for 30 odd years and still physically active. McMahon buying up the mid-south video library wouldnt rule out him being featured on a upcoming dvd either. Ill openly admit im not a huge fan of Duggan but it doesnt mean I dont respect the guy for surviving cancer plus him being around for as long as he has,jobber or not. And in my opinion(and the wwes) he is a Legend. Sorry for dragging things off-topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

And yet another release:
    Hardcore Holly released
    Written: January 16, 2009

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Bob "Hardcore" Holly as of today, January 16. WWE wishes Bob the best in all future endeavors.

And yet another release:

That means he will possibly do some indys(which means he could do ireland :))
    Or he could be TNA-bound :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Holly is the only wrestler I am gad to see being fired, mediocre as **** in the ring, backstage bully and generally a waste of space. 10 years to, late but heh at least he is gone:pac:

Gerry81 wrote: »
    he ain't the FCW champion any longer, dropped the title to Eric escobar on 4/1/09 in a fatal froway between himself,escobar,drew mcintyre and joe hennig. escobar pinned mcintyre for the win.

My bad, didn't hear anything about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement