Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honduras

• 10-01-2009 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im thinking of heading over to Roatan or Utila for a couple of weeks during the summer for a spot of diving and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?? has anyone ever been to either??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Woofer

I spent a few weeks in Utila last summer. Amazing. the island istelf is really cool. lots of nice bars and places to stay. generally a young backpacker crowd. No real beach except a man made one at one end of the island, but i hear roatan has lots of nice beaches (but it is more expensive).

The diving is great, and its a pretty good place to see whale sharks if you're lucky. I cant recommend altons dive shop enough. Great crew, great craic, accomodation on the water. oh yeah - its REALLY cheap too. think we were paying $25 per 2 fun dives or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks for that woofer,

Are you from ireland? how did you get there?? im tryin to look for cheap slights but its a bit of a task!

I may be spending about 10 weeks there so have you any idea how much money i would need per week, excluding diving and accomodation expenses??

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

We went to Belize last year which is pretty close.
    We flew into Cancun in Mexico and got the bus down. There are plenty of great places to stop along the way
    Denis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

hi,
    I got my owd on roatan, amazing place with great diving in warm water loads to see (personally preferred reef to great barrrier reef).
    Best way to get there is fly dub-london, london-miami, miami-roatan. Or u could fly to tegus (capital of honduras) and travel up and then fly or take boat over.
    Roatan is fairly expensive, compared to mainland, I stayed in a beach motel for 30 dollars a night for the room, there was two of us.
    Beaches are amazing like a postcard. Locals are great, some really good bars.

Advertisement