Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For CCNA Exam Sims

Options
  • 10-01-2009 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    can anyone recommend a good CCNA exam simulator? I have completed all course work and am now keen to test myself under exam conditions before I sit the exam. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The only ones I used back then were those included with official guide and labs from the Boson simulator. They were enough to pass on their own.
    Nowadays I'd recommened using GNS3 (dynamips/dynagen) and making your own labs for that side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    The only ones I used back then were those included with official guide and labs from the Boson simulator. They were enough to pass on their own.
    Nowadays I'd recommened using GNS3 (dynamips/dynagen) and making your own labs for that side of it.

IS there any good forum on GNS as the site aint great and is there a way to make it not use 100% of the CPU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Your best bet is the official manual - not being an ass with just "RTFM" but it's only a 10-15 min read, anyway download it and look for the section on IDLEPC and it'll show you how to optimise the setup for the image you end up using and drop the CPU usage way down. Also there are some good general usage tutorials at www.blindhog.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

rom wrote: »
    IS there any good forum on GNS as the site aint great and is there a way to make it not use 100% of the CPU ?

http://7200emu.hacki.at/

There you go! :D

Advertisement