Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questionable Content?

Options
  • 10-01-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

First time posting here so. I'm new to all the comics and that, I got really addicted to a wbcomic called questionable content by Jeph Jaques. It's just animal, i'm pretty much addicted. Does anyone know of a similar comic online?

i just really like his writing and style of art.

Cheers for any help in advance guys

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There are a bunch of webcomic links in the Resources thread, but I can't think of anything particularly similar to Jeph Jacques in writing terms. You could try Nothing Nice To Say for a punk-flavoured music comic strip, or ShortPacked! for an ongoing drama/humour strip. Other than that, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AfternoonBlue

Hey thanks. I know it would be hard to find something totally like him. I'm just new to all these comics and when i liked this so much i wanted to see if there was something similar. I liked that short packed one a lot. Cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Hey if you like questionable content you MIGHT be into "Strangers in Paradise"

http://www.strangersinparadise.com/home.shtml

There's a fair bit of thematic overlap between the two anyway, although Questionable Content has come a long long way in terms of character development and the general quality of the writing...

You can get collected bundles in Sub City in Dublin - I haven't read any myself in at least 7 years or so but it's not a million miles away from QC; strong female characters, a relatively spineless male, lots of crossed emotional wires... Basically where QC is a sort of a Noughties Indie rock soap opera Strangers in Paradise is more of an early 90's Grungey Riot Grrrl type soap opera only with much more unrequited love and a bit less surrealism (no animated i-pods or OCD space station babies)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

QC is still going?
    Jesus, I gave up on that crap years ago... has it improved at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

I dip in and out of QC every few months - the writing and artwork have generally imoproved as the series progressed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I love QC :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wow, that's...well, it's pretty dedicated. If I didn't think Twitter was a huge waste of time, I'd also think it was really cool.

Mind you, that is one of those things about Questionable Content. It may be the Neighbours of the webcomics world, but as far as I can tell Jeph Jacques works his ass off to make a living from it and that's something that has to be admired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trace-mace-2000

I read it every day...an addiction which I don't mind at all thank you very much. (:

Advertisement