Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burmese cat

• 10-01-2009 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey, Just wondering if anyone knows where i could buy a burmese kitten? I live in Dublin but will travel down the country to get one. And also any ideas how much they cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Google ismisha cats or sliabh cats and u should find links. Both excellent, breeding kittens with fantastic personalities and confidence. Will be dog friendly too. Both have v high standards about where kittens go and will only home to indoor only. For a kitten from either be prepared to wait it wont happen over night. I would imagine a pet quality kitten would cost between 500 and 650. Not having one of this breed i am not sure of price.
    or google sabcci, go to the link on the left for breeders list. All are registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Lovely, lovely cats. The ultimate sweet-natured, kindly, affectionate cat. Can't tell you where to buy one (though as always, make sure to see the kitten with its mother, to avoid puppy mills) - my late Burmese was a rescue cat; he rescued me!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 debz929292

Hey! thanks for the replies! Absolutly LOVE the ismisha website, the cats are just georgous!! another quick question i know ill almost certinally have to wait to get a kitten-which is fine. but when i do get one have a slight problem as a have another non pedegree cat who roams freely out side, but when i get my burmese cat i wont be letting it outside at all(unless on lead) but is this cruel? as he will be seeing my other cat go outside? and also i feed my cat whiskers cat food, but do pedegree cats require special foods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I don't have any pedigree cats, but in my experience it is very difficult to have seperate sets of rules for different cats in your house. Your pedigree will most likely see your other cat going out and will probably want to follow - unless you are lucky and get one that prefers inside.

Maybe you could look into building a cat run for both cats - although your moggy might find it a bit difficult to get used to. There are also ways of securing your garden (which would require a good bit of DIY effort) - look into your options on the internet.

The kitten will only know the indoors. If u decide to keep your older cat in doors it will take about 6 weeks to convince him. We have 8 cats here. 4 ped and 4 non ped. All are indoors with access to an enclosure. A small one can be built easy enough. It will mean both can go outside but cant roam. 2 of ours were outdoors before we adopted them and it didn't take long to convince them to remain indoors. One runs the opposite way when we open cn outside door now! Even with ours having access to the enclosure only 1 spends any length of time in it. They sleep for around 18 hrs and might go outside for cn hour a day! whiskas is not good food really. The kitten will be eating either royal canin or hills and i would stick to that be introduce it to your other cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

Feeding requiements with other moggies gets quite tricky.

We've a Maine Coon and she needs the RC Maine Coon food - nutrients etc aside, it's very obvious when she eats anything else because it's on the floor shortly after! Like a dog she'll wolf down normal cat food without hardly chewing (their jaws are super strong) Five minutes later - nice little puddle of barely chewed food on the floor and she's over at the food dish looking for more!

The RC Maine Coon food is large bits of kibble - almost dog kibble sized bits which force her to chew them (usually she'll take one piece at a time and paw it to her mouth!)

Our other 3 furs are moggies through and through - they take one sniff at her Maine Coon food and nothing else is good enough!

My solution was to get the RC Young adult dried food and mix it through with the Maine Coon one - they all graze happily - Gen gets her food and no harm if she has a piece or two of the other and the other kits get the yummy smell on their food. They'll eat a few pieces of Gen's food but that won't do them any harm either - great for their teeth.

All the dried food makes for nicer litter trays too!

xxx Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddycat

debz929292 wrote: »
    Hey, Just wondering if anyone knows where i could buy a burmese kitten? I live in Dublin but will travel down the country to get one. And also any ideas how much they cost?
    Hello

I have a 10 month adoreable Red Burmese, sadly he and my other two older Busmese haven't integrated so I'm looking for a good home with no other cats, full Pedigree, Neutered and Micro Chipped. Ideally he would suit a couple that have lots of time to give him loads of kisses and cuddles!

Pat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Pedigree or non pedigree they are all cats underneath it all, they all require a high quality diet. Tbh I wouldn't feed Whiskas to any cat it pongs.
    Why can't you keep the cat you have now indoors, isn't it more cruel to have that cat go outdoors and be at high risk of being killed by a car, attacked by dogs (or people) get into cat fights, causing a nuisance to neighbours by going to them and possibly climbing in their windows also there is the danger of someone thinking the cat is a stray (even if the cat has a collar some people like to take on a cat that's not even theirs).

Cats should be treated equal no matter what pedigree.

paddycat wrote: »
    Hello

I have a 10 month adoreable Red Burmese, sadly he and my other two older Busmese haven't integrated so I'm looking for a good home with no other cats, full Pedigree, Neutered and Micro Chipped. Ideally he would suit a couple that have lots of time to give him loads of kisses and cuddles!

Pat

It is advisable that u contacte the breeder that u got him from. I know i would prefer to be contacted if one of my cats was going to be re homed. Some breeders have homes waiting for older cats rather than kittens so please contact them and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddycat

Thank you for your input however the breeder is well aware I'm looking for a new home, I have bred and ownded Burmese cats for 20 years so please be assured the home he goes to will be very special. It would be adviseable to ask questions before jumping to conclusions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DaddyOSphynx

As someone who has bred Burmese cats in the past, I would have thought you would have welcomed Themadhouse's polite reminder that the breeder of a cat should always be the first call if rehoming is a possibility, even if that comment was not applicable to your specific situation.

If you post on a public forum it would be adviseable to be prepared for the comments and opinions of others :rolleyes:

As a breeder, which admitedly i didn't know, i would have thought you'd welcome a sensible suggestion even as it seems it didn't suit you circumstances. There was no criticism meant.

Advertisement