Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old wives tales that need to DIE!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Maggie.23 wrote: »
    The myth that rabbits are rodents. They are lagomorphs. :)

Forgot this one! I hate when people call rabbits rodents!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Yeah, and the earth is flat!!! Mind you don't fall off the edge!

Jaysus yous are all soo cruel in here!..yees should be over in the shooting and hunting forum:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

EGAR wrote: »
    Pit Bulls jaws lock - myth.

I am embarrassed to say I thought that was true.
    Another one is goldfish have a 3 second memory.I wonder who made up that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

MsFifers wrote: »
    Cats routinely smother babies by sleeping on their faces.

I love dogs and cats..and I gotta say I have heard of this one actually happening to a friends aunty.. It's not tha the cat does it on purpose, it's just they like to sleep on warm things..and the rest of babies are usually covered in blanket so u can't feel the heat thru the blanket, but the head never is which is why I think it happened, many's the time I've woken with my kittens lying on my face or on my head..lol It's funny to me, but not to my friends aunty..fair play to her tho, she still keeps cats, but she just keeps them out of the room her kids and new baby sleep in...which I think I would also do as a precautionary measure..im not saying it's the cats fault or that they're doing it maliciously, Im just saying they like it, and they'll take it from wherever they get it and not realise what's happening..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭leopardus

Dog poo causes cows to miscarry their calves

Neospora can also cause cattle to abort, it's spread by carnivore faeces; primarily domestic dogs!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

"Dogs go blind if they eat even a tiny amount of cat food."

"You should never keep a dog in the house in a thunderstorm"

Both from old Irish ladies' one had bought cat food by accident so gave it to us:)

And from an old Irish farmer..."a cat/dog will die if it eats a rat's head"

Advertisement