Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skills School

• 10-01-2009 6:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Hey. I was just watching skills school from soccer am from the past couple of weeks, some very impressive ones in the past few weeks, and it got me thinking...

There seems to be guys on here who know the strangest things..Well here is a question for you guys..how long has skills school been goin on for and has anybody ever appeared on it that went on to forge a premiership career or anything close??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's gone rubbish the past few months. Stuffing footballs down their shorts and caring more about hitting the opponent with the ball rather than pulling off great skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

One of the ones over xmas was the best ive seen. Proper skills not showing off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I want to see a senior skills school, Ronaldo vs Rooney/Berbatov would be sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

DrMorphine wrote: »

they were the '2 best freestylers in the world' apparantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The guy who won today was superb with his head. Thankfully didn't try any stupid stuff while the other chap was doing the usual stuffing balls down shorts and kicking the ball at his opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

DrMorphine wrote: »

This the one?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

^ awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

SickBoy wrote: »
    This the one?

wow. even tho i got no answer to my question. this clip which i missed over xmas has made this thread more than worthwhile...wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i think this is the 3rd season skills school has been on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Woah, that is some impressive ****!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

One of the best ones by the best team in East Anglia. They had to shoot the ending twice because they didn't know which one to call the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Closest thing to someone of Skill School making it in the Premier League has to be Scott Parker on the McDonalds ad back in the nineties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

eddiehead wrote: »
    I want to see a senior skills school, Ronaldo vs Rooney/Berbatov would be sweet
    You've probs already seen it, but Ronaldo vs Billy Wingrove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cRmNgVv-tA

I don't think anyone knows what BW does at 1.35, but it's pretty sweet :D

Advertisement