Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors in Limerick - recommendations/price

Options
  • 10-01-2009 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Hey all, buying a house in Limerick over the next two months. Any recommendations for good solicitors? Also got a ball park figure for how much they would charge to process a house purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I think that home law direct do the one price ,€1000 plus vat and government fees, which usually cost about 800.
    There is a guy in Galway that will do work in Limerick ,he is very good and reliable ,and works for the same rate, his name is Alan Casey I think he used to work for home law direct.
    Alan T. Casey & Associates Solicitors
    10 Cross Street
    Galway City
    Telephone: 1890 20 7720
    Fax: 091 534902

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

We used Wallace & Reidy on Cecil Street to buy our current house which ran into numerous unforeseen delays especially regarding around planning permission, etc, when being built at the time, they handled the whole thing very professionally and the bill at the end did not stray too far from the original quote despite the extra amount of work they had to do. My family has also been using them for all things legal for years and they have had no reason to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Wallace Reidy is a very professional outfit, on the larger front Sweeney McGann is a top class law firm who will be able to match you with someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

I have bought and sold houses a few times in Limerick and I would highly recommend:

Michael J O' Malley, Shannon Road, Sixmilebridge, Co Clare.

He was always very professional and expedient in his handling of conveyancing. I know he is based a bit outside Limerick but he was always easily accessible to meet face-to-face or by phone. He was very good at keeping me up to date at all times (without me having to go looking for info from him).

He charged me the flat €1000 + VAT for conveyancing. It has been about 2 years since I last used him.

Advertisement