Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players is now a strip joint?

Options
  • 10-01-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Sad to see it go, but to be fair I havent set foot in the place for 2 years.
    Saw in the paper that its now an "exotic dancing" venue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Jumpy wrote: »
    Sad to see it go, but to be fair I havent set foot in the place for 2 years.
    Saw in the paper that its now an "exotic dancing" venue.
    Where the is players? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Top of Thomas Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yep its now a strip club, opening night is supposedly being hosted by "models from all over the world" :rolleyes:

I have never been to an Irish strip club, I imagine them to be very poor standard, anyone know what le chic or lapellos were like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Pity, haven't been in Players in well over a year, but it was a good spot for a few pints.

• Advertisement

Chong wrote: »
    I have never been to an Irish strip club, I imagine them to be very poor standard, anyone know what le chic or lapellos were like?

Le Chic was great craic when it was open, Lapellos had a different clientele being situated next to the high stool and all :D

Now that they have changed into that type of business I wont be visiting the place at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

DarkJager wrote: »
    Le Chic was great craic when it was open, Lapellos had a different clientele being situated next to the high stool and all :D

And sometimes staffed by the High Stool (not the strippers btw!)

concussion wrote: »
    And sometimes staffed by the High Stool (not the strippers btw!)
    I spose the ol strippers werent great either prob old ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

players?? is that where tucker used to run his 50 freese out?? pity..

nah was in le chic once...alot of hot girls in there, one of which i still rate as the hottest ive ever seen in real life!!

meh, it´ll be closed by the end of 2009 i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Le Chic had a pretty good standard of girls (i worked there for nearly 2 years behind the bar) :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Sweet another Titty bar. Yet another place where I can pick up my victims. How will my patio handle the pressure...

Sweet another Titty bar. Yet another place where I can pick up my victims. How will my patio handle the pressure...

Patio?? Get with the times man! Its all about the decking now, much more storage space underneath :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Patio?? Get with the times man! Its all about the decking now, much more storage space underneath :D

Decking you say...hmmmmm. Maybe I should go to Woodies and ask the staff their opinions of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just what the city needs, a new strip joint with most likely overpriced drinks and poll dances.

I reckon it will be gone before next Christmas.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Just what the city needs, a new strip joint with most likely overpriced drinks and poll dances.

I reckon it will be gone before next Christmas.

Don't worry I will have murdered most of the strippers by Christmas. Don't rush me though as I consider my work to be art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Chong wrote: »
    I spose the ol strippers werent great either prob old ones?

Nope, nothing wrong with 'em - even had some Irish ones back then :eek:

Ahh, fond memories of the Garda raids in there, good times when they though I was part of some illegal multinational prostitute ring :pac:

Another time they thought my girlfriend was a stripper, despite her being 5foot nothing and wearing jeans and a tshirt while all around her were tall, leggy, practically naked peroxide blonde's wearing ridiculous heels. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

also, I still am in proud possession of the strip pole from Lapellos, I stole it with a cordless drill when the place shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

zuroph wrote: »
    also, I still am in proud possession of the strip pole from Lapellos, I stole it with a cordless drill when the place shut down.

The least you could do is return the drill, some poor misfortune might be looking for it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Berty wrote: »
    Now that they have changed into that type of business I wont be visiting the place at all.
    Ha, don't bother than you prude.
    I remember hitting Le Chic a few times in college. The standard of birds wasn't bad to be fair.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Ha, don't bother than you prude.
    I remember hitting Le Chic a few times in college. The standard of birds wasn't bad to be fair.

Im not stupid enough to give my money for some young girl to dance in front of me yet tell me after giving her upwards of €100 that I cannot touch her.

If you want to get your jollies from a girl dancing around a pole then by all means, its your money.

My self esteem is not low enough that I need this kind of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Decking you say...hmmmmm. Maybe I should go to Woodies and ask the staff their opinions of this...

Hmmm.....I s'pose in a thread about a strip club it was fairly inevitable that someone would mention something about Woodies :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Upwards of 100 euro! The most I would pay for a dance is 20 euro!! The lapdances in England are 10 & 20 pounds and in both fees they get naked!!

i notice it just said it was an exotic dancing bar, there was no mention of if there was private dances available.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

aye thats a shame

guess i'll just have to find out in person. :( wonder is there a door charge now.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Hmmm.....I s'pose in a thread about a strip club it was fairly inevitable that someone would mention something about Woodies :D:D

You sir have just zinged this thread.

Stand up, take a bow and bask in its goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

When is this place opening? or has it already

last night according to paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Cool, my girlfirend and some of her friends are mad to go to a strip club for some reason...im not complainin tho..lol

Any idea how much the door charge would be?

Advertisement