Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much for new tyres?

Options
  • 10-01-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea how much i would pay for a new set of tyres + fitting? my tyre size is 165/55R14. If anyone can recommend a cheap but good person to do the job it would be much appreciated!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anywhere in the country?
    Strangely, I'm getting noting in that size on fastfit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

just the tires themselves ive paid about 40 or 60 euro/tire at one stage. i think i did it in my local garage, quick fit comes to mind but i cant find them online ! ? i cant think of the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

http://www.eiretyres.com/ .. they detail fitters in ur area

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

http://www.eiretyres.com/

The cheapest tyres that size on this website are €49.30 and you have to pay for fitting after that. They are an unusal size.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

sorry got the size wrong its 155/65R14 not other way around!

• Advertisement

having a look at them now on eirtyres, what brand would ye recommend??
    Do eirtyres deliver for free or is delivery on top of the cost of the tyre?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why cant you just go to a tyre fitting place and haggle a good price.

Even if you are penny pinching do NOT buy remould tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

Try www.camskills.co.uk aswell, With the current exchange rate I got tyres cheaper than Eiretyres recently including delivery.
    eiretyres prices include delivery, camskills dont but its not that much and delivery is very quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Vredestein sportracs are very good but get 5 and have one in the shed as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

tut, your so lucky to only have to pay €40 / €50 for a tyre...

My car needs 2 and they are 225/35/17 and garages don't stock them, so apart from the wait they priced them at €200 a piece.

I did check eiretyres and they came in around €130ish per tyre, which is a lot better but not great.

Also checked tyreshop.ie and they are €180 a go.

:(

• Advertisement

Whats a remould tyre?? Would there be much difference in price getting a new set fitted at my dealership cuz Im sendin her in for a service at the end of the month. Or will i get ripped off?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sadista wrote: »
    Whats a remould tyre?? Would there be much difference in price getting a new set fitted at my dealership cuz Im sendin her in for a service at the end of the month. Or will i get ripped off?

A remould is an old worn tyre that has been retreaded, don't even contemplate them. Remoulds might have new treads but I'd be concerned about the strenght of the tyre wall which can cause a blowout. Tyres and brakes are all that keep you on the road so be prepared to spend decent money on them as they may save your life.

Also a dealer usually doesn't stock or fit tyres, they will most likely send the car to a local tyre centre where they have an account. You can do that yourself.

Tell us your location and someone here can recommend a local place.

Im in Maynooth. Wasnt exactly sure how dealerships did it but last time I was down there yer wan in the service center told me to get in touch with them when i needed new tyres...The time has come now but they'd prob just rip me off.

Advertisement