Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question.

Options
  • 10-01-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

This question popped up between myself and the missus and I couldn't actually answer.

Say my wife has fully comp insurance and I am on the policy as a named driver. If i was to crash the car would she be able to claim the cost of repairing the car, or would I only be covered 3rd party.

anyone know?

thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

totally depends on your insurance company and T&C of your policy.
    Check out the terms of your insurance.
    I havnt seen anywhere that a named driver is covered under anythin but third party fire and theft.
    could call up your insurance company too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If the cover is comp. and you're a named driver, then you have comp. cover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Thats exactly what I thought

I might be getting mixed up with if you have an insurance policy that allows you to drive other cars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yes, that's my understanding of it as well.
    samhail wrote: »
    I might be getting mixed up with if you have an insurance policy that allows you to drive other cars.
    I think you are, most 'driving other cars' clauses are third party only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

samhail wrote: »
    Happen a lot?

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Happen a lot?

err getting mixed up ? nah not really, only once or twice a conversation. im doing well ! :)
    just too much knowledge i tell you !!! ;)

Advertisement