Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slave for 580EXII

• 10-01-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Folks looking for some advice. I'm considering buying a bit of kit and I'm just wondering if anyone using the Canon 580EXII Speedlite is using a slave. Obviously looking for value for money here, as I will not be using this all the time.

Any and all advice appreciated. Does it work for you? Are there any limitations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I just got two 430EX mkIIs which I use slaved to my 580EX mkII. Works perfectly so far, although I've only used it indoors. You can slave the 580 to another 580 and Canon also make something called the ST-E2 which basically triggers your Canon flashes wirelessly using IR pulses while retaining ETTL functionality in all slaved flashes.

My own setup is two Pocket Wizards (one for the camera and one for the 580), in order to trigger the 580 wirelessly. At the same time the 580 is triggering the two 430s via the Master/Slave functions.

Advertisement