Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you playing?

Options
  • 10-01-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

I'm just finishing up from a 2 month break from poker and plan on putting some money back online.

Where's everyone playing right now and what's the traffic/standard like for MSNL?

Interested in Prima/Merge/Boss/Betfair/Crypto/Ipoker/B2B/Stars/FTP or whatever other site you play on.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I play on Full Tilt now and love it! Tournament structures are amazing, a lot of deepstack tourney and SNG. I love the software layout also. Top poker room I have ever played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Bet365 and sometimes Pokerstars. I much prefer the interface on 365 and kinda find Stars to be a bit too busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

keep it to msnl cash plz.. :)

i'm still at ipoker, decent selection of good games going up to 5/10 and sometimes even 10/20

had a horrible downswing recently though so i'm back down to 2/4 and 3/6, games are good though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Everest at the moment for me, plenty of 2/4 games and usually around 10+ 5/10 games going but unfortunately 3/6 or 4/8 never seems to run with only 1 or 2 tables now and again.

Stars and Full Tilt have loads of games running at 2/4 and 3/6 and enough 5/10 as well but games do seem tougher and both my accounts on each site is rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Everest and stars.

Havent sat in 400nl on stars yet though.

Also, whats ipoker like since the big two left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

Everest and stars.

Havent sat in 400nl on stars yet though.

Also, whats ipoker like since the big two left?

Not as nitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

OnGame. Decent rakeback/deposit bonus but the software is bloody awful. Probaly go back to Ipoker next.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Does anyone play on Prima anymore? I see that Entraction has overtaken both Cake and Prima, and is now the 10th biggest network traffic wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Does anyone play on Prima anymore? I see that Entraction has overtaken both Cake and Prima, and is now the 10th biggest network traffic wise.

yep, 10th in the rankings now and we're releasing a major software upgrade next week.

new bet slider, folded cards, action buttons, lobby access.

network guarantees are edging up and peak traffic day on day for the last couple of weeks.

we're also launching a new bonus system on Feb 1st which is more like the ipoker fixed monthly bonuses. can still offer flat rb too. PM me if you need any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ipoker/FT/Cake, the games on Cake are very soft Ian but traffic is not as good as Ipoker/FT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

just startin on ipoker through boyles not goin to bad, but play b2b aswell i heard its soft for cash games from 100nl up just use it for tournies at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Conbro wrote: »
    Nowhere

+1

Thanks for the helpful response reg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

OnGame. Decent rakeback/deposit bonus but the software is bloody awful. Probaly go back to Ipoker next.

this is where I'm interested in playing now (if it's good enough for nicnic :pac:)

what's the traffic like on OnGame? (mid-level cash, NLHE and PLO) also can you expand on the awfulness of the software?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

this is where I'm interested in playing now (if it's good enough for nicnic :pac:)

what's the traffic like on OnGame? (mid-level cash, NLHE and PLO) also can you expand on the awfulness of the software?

I have a friend who plays fulltime and he has a sick effective 80% rakeback deal on Hollywood from way back in the day. He reckons he gets about $50 p/h in rakeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

The software isn't half as bad as it's made out to be,and there's a big upgrade due apparantly.
    Haven't played any cash there,so can't help i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

hotspur wrote: »
    I have a friend who plays fulltime and he has a sick effective 80% rakeback deal on Hollywood from way back in the day. He reckons he gets about $50 p/h in rakeback.

Yeah I know of a guy who claims to get 92% from them as well, but nothing like that available now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not sure on the cash game traffic really, I only pla SNGs there to clear a bonus. I cant even play cash on their site because it tilts me too mcuh.

It's hard to describe just how bad the software is. The colour/cards look awful(although you can mod them but its trickey, for me anyway). But it loads of small like things that just all add together. The chips, the fact in a 5max table you can sit anywhere, sometimes pots dont get raked properly so if the last pot was $800 the $800 stays in the middle of the table on the next hand, if you play alot of tables and comp isnt brilliant they will just close suddenly. I'd recommend playing a few play money games before making a desposit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

does anyone think that canbet on micro would be full of aussie fisheys??

Advertisement