Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound over 9800 gtx hdmi

Options
  • 10-01-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

HI ,
    my question is -does 9800 gtx{Club 3d} supports sound over hdmi connection ?
    I mean if ill get dvi to hdmi cable will have sound on my TV ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

im pretty sure dvi only carries video signals and not sound, though i could be wrong..

also grahics cards really only output video too unless the 9800 is different than the rest..so maybe youll have to find another way to output sound to your tv..maybe with digital coaxial/optical or another way depending on what inputs your tv has

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DVI can carry sound as well. nVidea graphics cards only carry video. The ati cards can do audio and video.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Actually the 9800gtx can carry sound over the dvi as well.
    You need a SPDIF adapter for your video card to your onboard or sound card.
    Probably could get one on ebay or if someone on boards that got one might be feeling generous

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/686/2/

Advertisement