Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hibernian insurance is lacking !

Options
  • 10-01-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Exception to Hibernian Insurance
    “4 Loss or damage (except under section 2) directly caused by pressure waves as a result of aircraft and other flying objects travelling at or above the speed of sound.”
    speed of sound at sea level = 761.207051 miles / hour

Like seriously ! if I have a little bump when im flying along the M50 at my 780 mph they aren’t going to pay out.

Make sure you check your policy terms and conditions guys !
    thankfully im not with Hibernian - i wonder if Sun&Alliance will cover me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

samhail wrote: »
    Exception to Hibernian Insurance
    “4 Loss or damage (except under section 2) directly caused by pressure waves as a result of aircraft and other flying objects travelling at or above the speed of sound.”
    speed of sound at sea level = 761.207051 miles / hour
    Like seriously ! if I have a little bump when im flying along the M50 at my 780 mph they aren’t going to pay out.

Make sure you check your policy terms and conditions guys !
    thankfully im not with Hibernian - i wonder if Sun&Alliance will cover me

Think your reading that the wrong way around?

If your CAR is buzzed by a jet fighter travelling faster than the speed of sound then your not covered for any damaged, I guess you just have to chase the jet fighter and get his insurance details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

hmmmmmm.
    man i shouldnt be working today i should be in bed !

that doesnt sound as bad so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is no chance that the Irish Air force can get up to those speeds so if we are invaded those problems with the Insurance should be the least of your worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Berty wrote: »
    There is no chance that the Irish Air force can get up to those speeds so if we are invaded those problems with the Insurance should be the least of your worries.

We have an Air Force? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Phew, thankfully if I get a Seicento, Hibernian will still cover it disintegrating if it reaches 78mph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Stark wrote: »
    Phew, thankfully if I get a Seicento, Hibernian will still cover it disintegrating if it reaches 78mph.

But not if you were trying to get away from an Irish Air Force Jet that was travelling faster than 761.207051 miles / hour and your Seicento was damaged by the shock wave.

You know how insurance companies like to complicate things :confused:

Under such circumstances just remember to make a note of the jets speed.

If you can prove its only doing 761.207050 miles / hour I think your in the clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Advertisement