Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont have a compost bin

• 10-01-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Sadly i dont have a compost bin, And cant get one because ill hopefully moving out soon, and the people living here dont want to have one.
    I make alot of Juices and smoothies, Instead of throwing my leftover Bits of fruit etc in the bin, could i just put them around my back garden??

Or is that just a bad idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 EcoBrats

Lawlessr wrote: »
    I make alot of Juices and smoothies, Instead of throwing my leftover Bits of fruit etc in the bin, could i just put them around my back garden??

Or is that just a bad idea?

I would say this isn't a particularly good idea. If others don't want a compost bin are they going to react more positively about you randomly leaving rotting fruit and veg lying around the garden?

How about digging them into the garden? A bit more effort than a compost bin I know but a better solution I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭baldieman

Just leaving fruit and veg skins in the back garden, might encourage rats. A regular plastic dust bin with a lit that closes might be a good idea. A good mix of different vegetation helps, so you could put in some leaves from the garden also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Not a great idea but your local council recycling centre may take food waste, if not then maybe you could make an arrangement with someone you know that has a bin, you could pay them for the use of their bin.

Advertisement