Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with mms 3 network.

• 10-01-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I'm havin problems with mms.

I've a sony ericsson k800i. I'm on 3pay (pay as u go).

I cant send or receive mms. I dont send or receive many but i was able 2 send and receive before.

I've an important mms tryin 2 get through. Its n the inbox but i cant open it. It says somethin about unable 2 download due 2 settings.

I've checked all my settings over and over, + i think i've everything correct but cant send or receive mms.

Is there any way i can recify this. I need 2 get this mms n my inbox.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Have to tried ringing 3 to sort the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭darling.x

I didnt ring 3. But will do so later. Would they be able to fix my problem. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Call 3 for support??? Dear god no! The required settings are in the settings sticky - if these don't work post any error you get when trying to send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

this is how the settings should be on a k800i:

menu->settings->connectivity->data communication->data accounts
    ->new account->ps data (or packet data or gprs)

name:3 mms
    apn:3ireland.ie
    username:blank
    password:blank

press save

press enter (with 3 mms highlighted)
    in authentication, tick only PAP (untick none and chap)

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->internet profiles->new profile

name:3 mms
    connect using:3 mms
    press save

highlight 3 mms and press more->settings

connect using:3 mms
    use proxy:yes
    proxy address: mms.3ireland.ie
    port number: 8799
    username:blank
    password:blank

press save

menu->messaging->settings->picture message->mms profile->new profile.
    mms profile name: 3 MMS
    message server:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    internet profile: 3 mms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

darling.x wrote: »
    I'm havin problems with mms.

I've a sony ericsson k800i. I'm on 3pay (pay as u go).

I cant send or receive mms. I dont send or receive many but i was able 2 send and receive before.

I've an important mms tryin 2 get through. Its n the inbox but i cant open it. It says somethin about unable 2 download due 2 settings.

I've checked all my settings over and over, + i think i've everything correct but cant send or receive mms.

Is there any way i can recify this. I need 2 get this mms n my inbox.
    Thanks

Is it possible that you're roaming on Vodafone where you are (you'll know if you don't have a 3G signal) and that's the reason? Just a thought...
    I'm not on 3 so I don't know but someone else here might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Adro947 wrote: »
    Is it possible that you're roaming on Vodafone where you are (you'll know if you don't have a 3G signal) and that's the reason? Just a thought...
    I'm not on 3 so I don't know but someone else here might.
    Nope, MMS is available even outside of 3g coverage, do try to call through to 3 customer support, even if they do not solve the problem they will organise a replacement sim for you, this may sort the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭darling.x

Hi, thanks for the replies.
    Thank you very much sam vimes. I've changed my settings to the settings you gave here. My settings were obviously not correct. I got my mms last night. Its a beautiful photo which is very special. Its means a lot to me. Thank you for helping.

Advertisement