Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightime Nappies

Options
  • 10-01-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All,

My daughter is 16 months old and takes 2 bottles at night, I have tried to wean her off them to no avail.

The problem is that she wakes up saturated in the mornings, I change her just before I go to bed around 11ish (she doesn't wake) but by 8am she is soaked through.

I have been using pampers and have tried Huggies but still have the same problem, can anyone recommend a more absorbant nappie? or does anyone know if you can still get those plastic pants they had years ago?

I am sick of changing sheets etc every morning but mostly, I am worried about her lying wet.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

Have you tried pull ups? You can get the plastic training pants in Michael Guineys in Earl street, think they were 1 / 1.50 euro each.

We are having a similar problem ourselves at the mo but it is with our 3 yr old who doesnt want to were pulls ups in bed any more so a few wet nights. I dont like the idea of him lying in the wet all night either. And I have sheets and blankets drying every where in the house. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 winda34

MyBaby wrote: »
    Have you tried pull ups? You can get the plastic training pants in Michael Guineys in Earl street, think they were 1 / 1.50 euro each.

We are having a similar problem ourselves at the mo but it is with our 3 yr old who doesnt want to were pulls ups in bed any more so a few wet nights. I dont like the idea of him lying in the wet all night either. And I have sheets and blankets drying every where in the house. lol

Ohh fair play, thanks so much! Will head into Guineys (well send my mother in law in)

I feel your pain with the 3 year old who wont wear pullups..I went thru that last year with my other daughter......the only way i could combat it was tolet her draw her own picture in marker on the pullup......she had no problem wearing it them coz she customised it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Lucky enough my 15 month old doesnt leak, he never has i am surprised to hear this about pampers?

I find pampers extremely absorbant however i use the biggest size so they cover his bottom and dont end up like a thong! Baby dry and active fit are the best.

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Lucky enough my 15 month old doesnt leak, he never has i am surprised to hear this about pampers?

I find pampers extremely absorbant however i use the biggest size so they cover his bottom and dont end up like a thong! Baby dry and active fit are the best.

To be honest Trinity, it is probably not the fault of the nappy, she does drink too much at night, but she doesn't take a soother and it seems to be a comfort thing with her...maybe I will try the bigger size, but her bum is small, do you reckon the legs will fit? She is quite petite, thanks so much for your imput!

winda34 wrote: »
    To be honest Trinity, it is probably not the fault of the nappy, she does drink too much at night, but she doesn't take a soother and it seems to be a comfort thing with her...maybe I will try the bigger size, but her bum is small, do you reckon the legs will fit? She is quite petite, thanks so much for your imput!

I have my 15 month old in size 5+, my mother thinks they are too big, but i think from a comfort point of view, i wouldnt have him in any smaller. If i see a red mark around his thigh or tummy i hit the roof!

The active fit have a more flexible leg and and more comfortable fit all round imho. They should fit.

COuld you reduce the amount she drinks, as in just give her an ounce when she wakes? The nappy really should keep her dry regardless.

Just last week my mam worried me by saying my baby didnt wee all day and handed me a dry nappy, i had to pull it to shreds to see if he had weed and sure enough when i ripped it open he had pee'd. It should be that absorbant!

• Advertisement

Trinity1 wrote: »
    I have my 15 month old in size 5+, my mother thinks they are too big, but i think from a comfort point of view, i wouldnt have him in any smaller. If i see a red mark around his thigh or tummy i hit the roof!

The active fit have a more flexible leg and and more comfortable fit all round imho. They should fit.

COuld you reduce the amount she drinks, as in just give her an ounce when she wakes? The nappy really should keep her dry regardless.

Just last week my mam worried me by saying my baby didnt wee all day and handed me a dry nappy, i had to pull it to shreds to see if he had weed and sure enough when i ripped it open he had pee'd. It should be that absorbant!

I think I will get the 5 + and try them.... I have tried everything in my power to get her to stop drinking so much at night, if she doesnt get it, she screams the house down and wakes the other 2 kids up and they have to be at school, she never goes asleep without a bottle, Never had this problem with the other two..but they did have soothers......

Sending hubby down to tecso now for the bigger size!!!

Thanks a million Trinity!

winda34 wrote: »
    I think I will get the 5 + and try them.... I have tried everything in my power to get her to stop drinking so much at night, if she doesnt get it, she screams the house down and wakes the other 2 kids up and they have to be at school, she never goes asleep without a bottle, Never had this problem with the other two..but they did have soothers......

Sending hubby down to tecso now for the bigger size!!!

Thanks a million Trinity!

Oh good luck I hope it works, i hate the thoughts of them being cold at night :(

Will she not take a soother? Mine has one and i would be lost without it. Its very comforting for them, has she a teddy or blankey?

Although its not the same if its the suckling that she wants. With the price of the nappies you would think they would keep her dry.

Let me know how you get on tongiht! Just make sure its secure but not too tight and a trick of my mams is to turn the waist back down but on the inside if you know what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Hi winda, i'm having the exact same problem with my son who is the same age. Although he doesn't drink during the night and i don't change him after he goes to bed at 7pm or else he'd wake up, so lately he's been waking up at his usual time of 9am or even later, saturated. This is only a recent thing though so i reckon i'll have to buy size 6. In the meantime i've been putting two nappies on him at night. Btw i use boots nappies as i don't like pampers, and they're softer and larger in my opinion and much better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

larger size nappies did it for me. Huggies are the best, pampers are a bit thin. Try reducing it to one bottle, or only give her a half a bottle at a time. Sounds like she is using the bottle to go to sleep instead of self soothing.

Advertisement