Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do on a Saturday in Waterford that doesn't involve alcohol?

• 10-01-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

And that's not the cinema either.... =O?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

nothing really t do in waterford bar going out and drinking at d weekend, rent a dvd?or go out and dont drink alcohol i suppose?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Just yourself ?

If you have a car - go for a walk and take in some scenery ? Comeraghs perhaps (You shouldnt get saturated in mud if you take the path down to the base of mahon falls, not suggested to go any further)

Bowling (Leisurezone)/Pool(Leisurezone/Pubs)/Snooker(Sully's/Jack T's)
    Surf Lesson Tramore (Oceanic Manouvres/Tbay School - May need to book in advance though)

If theres a group give that paintballing place outside Dungarvan a ring and see if theyre open (Warning - May be very, very muddy)
    Or better (drier) idea - Indoor Lazerblast in tramore.

I might think of more presently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You're sorted if you have a car, plenty of places to go to.

Is there still go karting in Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

could just sit on your computer and surf the boards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You're sorted if you have a car, plenty of places to go to.

Is there still go karting in Waterford?

The place out by the sweep in kilmeaden ? Closed down years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

It was a group I was talking about. We usually go to the cinema due to the fact that one or two don't drink and no, unfortunately we don't have a car.
    Cinema again I guess....
    Thank you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

so its "baralot" by name but not by nature?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

In all fairness theres not a lot to do thats really fun! 99% of the time i just end up going out to the forum and its after gettin really stale there, we need some fesh thins to do!!

could always start a waterford chapter of fight club? anyone? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Greyhound racing till 10.30pm Saturday Night ..............keep away from the bar !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Would love that. It be class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

In all fairness theres not a lot to do thats really fun! 99% of the time i just end up going out to the forum and its after gettin really stale there, we need some fesh thins to do!!

ohhhh..

there is nothing to do *sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Could you not stay in an have like a game night, I've often done that, with both board games and the Wii and PS3 (great for Buzz quiz) you can have a good laugh with that... and if you do decide to drink, its a fraction of the price and no need for taxi's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

go drinkin... oh wait now

what an awful city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I happened to be out by Kilcohan last night and was surprised to see that the dog track was closed. I just looked up the IGB website and there does not appear to be a meeting there until Friday 23rd. They used to be meeting every Tues, Thur and Sat, I think, but now it is Fridays and Saturdays.

I never had and interest in pubs and clubs myself so often it was either the cinema (Warning: Do not go to see "The Spirit". It is appalling) , dvd, snooker (Sullys have a very nice place now. Heard The Showboat is good too, though of course it is a pub) or playstation or board games.

If you get yourself put onto the mailing list for Garter Lane, you can get advance notice in their quarterly booklet of plays that that are coming up. "Alone It Stands" and Tom Crean" were both on there recently.

Walking is not much of an option in Waterford City, particularly during the dark winter nights. There is a regular bus service to Tramore which, weather permitting, is a better place for a walk. A group of you could have a bit of a laugh on the slots (Not a spelling mistake) for an hour or so while out there.

Leisurezone is very hit-and-miss. Sometimes, you have to book in advance to get a bowling lane. Other times the place is nearly empty. The last few times I was there, we had to change lanes because the mechanism just stopped working.

If you do find something else, let us know. always trying to find something new to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I'd be the same now myself. The cinema is usually you're best bet although I like to just wander around on walks and have a nosey around. The park is great during the Summer but a hell-pit this time of year unfortunately!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What are OP's interests?

Maybe your into photography or something?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

a video game nite sounds like a right blast , we got buzz on the ps3 for xmas its get . could host a dinner party for your mates or join a club like teh scuba diving club in waterford not sure if the class for new people have started as yet or theres a airsoft club starting up , theres a meeting this weekend in new ross . im sure a few people havea few old board games in the attic that could be a good laugh ' bring back twister'!!! the copper coast is lovely ( check the weather first) or mahon falls is a nice stroll might even see a sheep falling off mountain if your lucky .... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

if you have a car you're sorted. woodstown strand, the guillamene carpark, the carpark on the way to the sandhills, lots of different carparkc around waterford. they all have a regular crowd who are into dogging, swinging etc. its a great way to meet new people and try new things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

longshanks wrote: »
    if you have a car you're sorted. woodstown strand, the guillamene carpark, the carpark on the way to the sandhills, lots of different carparkc around waterford. they all have a regular crowd who are into dogging, swinging etc. its a great way to meet new people and try new things

thats right tell everyone!!!! you and your big mouth .
    your going to ruin it for us regulars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

dazftw wrote: »
    What are OP's interests?

Maybe your into photography or something?

See that's the thing, I am more of an alcohol and hitting the town kind of person, but one of the groups of friends that I hang around with are not into alcohol at all so I usually go to the cinema with them.
    I'm starting to find this weekly routine a bit boring lately and I was just looking for some alcohol-free suggestions.

A lot of them have been really good so far, and thanks for that!
    Keep 'em coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Jor wrote: »
    I happened to be out by Kilcohan last night and was surprised to see that the dog track was closed. I just looked up the IGB website and there does not appear to be a meeting there until Friday 23rd. They used to be meeting every Tues, Thur and Sat, I think, but now it is Fridays and Saturdays.

Closed for a couple of weekends for some essential maintenance to the car park, according to some fellow on WLR Saturday morning.

Advertisement