Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 94 BJ PENN VS GSP ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

hitman119 wrote: »
    BJ would hammer Anderson Silva, BJ has better stand up and better ground, and for his cardio trianing will he likes to take things easy some times :D but over all his a well rounded fighter and i can see him taking GSP, and then maybe if Dana White needs the cash:p. BJ Vs Anderson Silva

If you actually believe that, you should watch more MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 hitman119

If you actually believe that, you should watch more MMA.

Haha you are one of those arm chair fighters:D.
    I do MMA, how about yourself.
    where do you train?
    Bj will beat GSP hands down and Sliva is nothing special all he can do is few leg switchs. Bj is very underated fighter, first he'll beat GSP second Kenny Flo and the who's know maybe silva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

where do you train?
    Bj will beat GSP hands down and Sliva is nothing special all he can do is few leg switchs. Bj is very underated fighter, first he'll beat GSP second Kenny Flo and the who's know maybe silva.

BJ Vs Sliva not going to happen buddy,

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

where do you train?

I am an armchair fan and even i can see how good Silva is. He is lightening fast and very well rounded. Penn wouldnt have a chance against him.

To get back on topic i am looking forward to this card imo i think GSP will take it but it will be close again. It could even be a decision again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Sliva is nothing special all he can do is few leg switchs. .

If you you do mma... well thats one of the dumbest things i have heard a fighter say.

I dont think anyone is saying BJ not world class, just jumping up two weight divisions to fight anderson silva is a bit of stretch too far.

• Advertisement

where do you train?

You "do" mma do you.
    Fairplay, have a cookie.

If you consider Anderson Silva to be nothing special, then I'd imagine you get done in MMA a lot.

BJ would not get out of the second round with Silva.
    plain and simple.

where do you train?

leg switchs are nothing special WTF!!! I think you need to start training properly, and if you ''do'' mma; then send me tickets to one of your fights because i'd love to see one!

Anyway i see Fitch is on the undercard for UFC 94, guy is ranked number 4 or 5(can't remember) in the world in welterweight. All because AKA wouldn't sign over the likeness of there fighters to THQ to make the UFC game.

You "do" mma do you.
    Fairplay, have a cookie.

If you consider Anderson Silva to be nothing special, then I'd imagine you get done in MMA a lot.

BJ would not get out of the second round with Silva.
    plain and simple.

How does me having an opinion on silva not being a good fighter have anything to do with how i fight?

And when you say get ''done'' in mma, i don't know where or what training you do. But we use the term beat; done might refair to something else. So do they give you a ''cookie'' to soften the blow when you get DONE:D

It's obivous you ment to say Silva wouldn't get out of the second round with BJ. BJ is the bitter figher end of discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

And so it happens, boards.ie mma forum has fallen victim to what I like to call "the sherdog effect".

How does me having an opinion on silva not being a good fighter have anything to do with how i fight?

And when you say get ''done'' in mma, i don't know where or what training you do. But we use the term beat; done might refair to something else. So do they give you a ''cookie'' to soften the blow when you get DONE:D

It's obivous you ment to say Silva wouldn't get out of the second round with BJ. BJ is the bitter figher end of discussion

Learn English, then come back to me.

• Advertisement

lads can we please get back on topic here, this is boards.ie not 5th class. Fair enough BJ vs Anderson silva would be a good fight and most people would agree that it would be, but it'll never happen sorry.

Now can we move on because i've got tickets for UFC 94 in Vegas ough yeah!!!

Learn English, then come back to me.

Karmafaerie is just upset because he got ''done'' and they didn't give you a cookie. but lets move on with the thread tickets to ufc 94 well done mate. maybe Karmafaerie will give you a cookie......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

This card is huge... I cant wait for the GSP V BJ fight also Lyoto is a beast and it wont be long before he gets a title. shot.

I think BJ (If he has trained) will beat GSP but it has the makings of FOTY.

BJ Penn taking on Silva is ludicrous. Now GSP taking on Silva if he beat Penn is definitely a possibility.

Can wait for that fight, Sliva is unreal and so is GSP, must save up and get tickets for that one,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I cant believe so many of you count bj out so flippantly against silva..Although Im sure plenty of you will change your tune if he decimates gsp. The ufc are all about making the superfights and if bj gets a big win against gsp, i can easily see dana making this fight happen..

Jesus Christ, I thought the football forum was bad.:rolleyes:

I cant believe so many of you count bj out so flippantly against silva..Although Im sure plenty of you will change your tune if he decimates gsp. The ufc are all about making the superfights and if bj gets a big win against gsp, i can easily see dana making this fight happen..

Of course you cannot rule BJ out, Pride had crazy fights like that but I would fall off my seat if that fight was made - it will not happen. If anything Silva will move to 205.

All thats matters is the money and if dana white can get the cash the fight will happen look at brock, there are other heavy weights in UFC that have been there for years and they still haven't gotten a title shot. brock walks in and beause his a big name they give him the title shot. so when BJ knocks out GSP then we will see BJ vs Silva.

Silva wants to go to 205.
    Silva will finish off those at middleweight, then move up.

If BJ is even contemplating moving up, then he's not changed at all, and will never change.
    BJ = 155pd fighter.
    He's so good he can fight at the top level at 170
    He's so good that he can fight at 185, but just not at the top level.
    And he most certainly not good enough to compete at the top level against a guy who can compete at the top level at 205.
    BJ has tried that.
    And he lost.

• Advertisement

Bj lost a razor close decision to machida at Heavyweight. I tend to agree thats its a little far fetched for bj to move up and beat silva, But Im just not so quick to dismiss it hapenning either..

Bj lost a razor close decision to machida at Heavyweight. I tend to agree thats its a little far fetched for bj to move up and beat silva, But Im just not so quick to dismiss it hapenning either..

BJ never troubled a defensive fighter at light heavyweight
    Machida won a deserved victory, in only his 6th ever fight, against supposedly the one of the worlds best.

If BJ can't beat Silva at 205, and Silva and Lyoto are naturally the same size (Lyoto doesn't cut for 205, Silva does for 185), and Silva is a much better fighter than Machida was then, put two and two together.

BJ has looked great at 155.
    Why must you asume that he'll be great at heavier weights (obviously not counting 170 where he's great too), when he never has been!

Machida won a deserved victory, in only his 6th ever fight, against supposedly the one of the worlds best.

If BJ can't beat Silva at 205, and Silva and Lyoto are naturally the same size (Lyoto doesn't cut for 205, Silva does for 185), and Silva is a much better fighter than Machida was then, put two and two together.

Why must you asume that he'll be great at heavier weights (obviously not counting 170 where he's great too), when he never has been!

All Anderson has to do is stay at middleweight (and for the right price he will) and all BJ has to do is come up to welterweight and don’t say it wont happen because as I’ve explained before it all down to the PPV money.
    Remember Bj is the Prodigy………….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The only thing funnier than MMAth is MMA Hypotheticals 101.

I am all about discussing Fedor Vs King Kong and Ramage Vs The State of Nevada but this is just a little reminder to people to keep these things polite, as they do tend to spiral into nonsensical arguments.

All Anderson has to do is stay at middleweight (and for the right price he will) and all BJ has to do is come up to welterweight and don’t say it wont happen because as I’ve explained before it all down to the PPV money.
    Remember Bj is the Prodigy………….

Yes, rich boy Penn is all about the money.

I'm just gonna leave you be now.
    I'm out.

First of all that fight was at Heavyweight. :P

Lyoto is one of my fav fighters and im sure he is ever improving, but he still looks pretty much the same fighter as he did when he fought BJ, Franklin and Bonnar as he did against Hoger, Nakamura and Tito etc,Those slick foot sweeps, classy brazilian kicks and evasive footwork were all there then too..

Silva has been quoted on the record, saying that lyoto often gets the better of him in sparring. Obviously theres a big difference between sparring and fighting, but its something to consider at least.

Im not making any assumptions, i just think with the kind of fighter bj is and if he gets a decisive win over gsp, its foolish to so casually dismiss his chances against silva.. Would it be amazing? of course..Unlikely? yes.. But this doesnt mean it couldnt happen. As I said in an eariler post, Combat sports history is littered with people fighting well above their weight and
    winning..

You can stick your fecicious "two and two together" up your ar*se btw.. :eek: :D

Yes, rich boy Penn is all about the money.

I'm just gonna leave you be now.
    I'm out.

Thats makes no since; most fighters are about ''the money''

First of all that fight was at Heavyweight. :P

Lyoto is one of my fav fighters and im sure he is ever improving, but he still looks pretty much the same fighter as he did when he fought BJ, Franklin and Bonnar as he did against Hoger, Nakamura and Tito etc,Those slick foot sweeps, classy brazilian kicks and evasive footwork were all there then too..

Silva has been quoted on the record, saying that lyoto often gets the better of him in sparring. Obviously theres a big difference between sparring and fighting, but its something to consider at least.

Im not making any assumptions, i just think with the kind of fighter bj is and if he gets a decisive win over gsp, its foolish to so casually dismiss his chances against silva.. Would it be amazing? of course..Unlikely? yes.. But this doesnt mean it couldnt happen. As I said in an eariler post, Combat sports history is littered with people fighting well above their weight and
    winning..

You can stick your fecicious "two and two together" up your ar*se btw.. :eek: :D

Learn before you talk.
    The fight was in M1 Heroes.
    Machida weighed in at 203.
    Penn weighed in at less that 190.
    That Heayweight?
    No, that's light heavy.
    M1 has fights with no weight class, but both fighters weighed in inside the LH (UFC) class.

Knowing that a fight happened, doesn't mean that you know SFA about the fight.

BJ has never looked good against bigger fighters.
    I've seen every one of his fights.
    Machida was too big for him.
    Silva would be too big for him.
    Even GSP, and Hughes have proved too big for him as they beat him with strenght and control to neutralise his talent, with Serra proving tricky for BJ too.
    He's an aggressive bully fighter, and it's near impossible to bully somebody who's got 40-50 pds on you!

And as everyone seems to completely forget, Silva is a high level BJJ blackbelt.
    He trains with Machida, and the Nogs on a daily basis.
    He's so good that he rarely goes to the ground, but when he does, he finishes the fight!
    Ask Hendo or Lutter.

Learn before you talk.
    The fight was in M1 Heroes.
    Machida weighed in at 203.
    Penn weighed in at less that 190.
    That Heayweight?
    No, that's light heavy.
    M1 has fights with no weight class, but both fighters weighed in inside the LH (UFC) class.

Knowing that a fight happened, doesn't mean that you know SFA about the fight.

BJ has never looked good against bigger fighters.
    I've seen every one of his fights.
    Machida was too big for him.
    Silva would be too big for him.
    Even GSP, and Hughes have proved too big for him as they beat him with strenght and control to neutralise his talent, with Serra proving tricky for BJ too.
    He's an aggressive bully fighter, and it's near impossible to bully somebody who's got 40-50 pds on you!

And as everyone seems to completely forget, Silva is a high level BJJ blackbelt.
    He trains with Machida, and the Nogs on a daily basis.
    He's so good that he rarely goes to the ground, but when he does, he finishes the fight!
    Ask Hendo or Lutter.
    The fight was billed as a heavyweight bout, lyoto weighed in at 217 pounds and bj at 190 something..

Pretty sure it was K1 heros too ;)

READ before you WRITE next time dude..Thats a good boy.. :D

• Advertisement

The fight was billed as a heavyweight bout, lyoto weighed in at 217 pounds and bj at 190 something..

Pretty sure it was K1 heros too ;)

READ before you WRITE next time dude..Thats a good boy.. :D

Yeah, you're starting to join Hitman now.

What do K1 promotions call their MMA events/fights?

M1.

Well done.

K1 is not MMA.
    K1 is completely sepperate from MMA.
    M1 was originaly built as the meeting off K1 fighters with MMA fighters, usually with split rules fights (2 rounds MMA, 2 rounds K1), but with the death of Pride, M1 has moved out.
    M1 is often called K1 in America, but the MMA division, is called M1

Advertisement