Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 94 BJ PENN VS GSP ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Yeah, you're starting to join Hitman now.

What do K1 promotions call their MMA events/fights?

M1.

Well done.

K1 is not MMA.
    K1 is completely sepperate from MMA.
    M1 was originaly built as the meeting off K1 fighters with MMA fighters, usually with split rules fights (2 rounds MMA, 2 rounds K1), but with the death of Pride, M1 has moved out.
    M1 is often called K1 in America, but the MMA division, is called M1

lolol the event was billed as K1 heroes, check it on any mma website.. Your grasping at straws now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 hitman119

lolol the event was billed as K1 heroes, check it on any mma website.. Your grasping at straws now :)

A TOTAL TKO From Ginoginelli, and Karmafaerie is out :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

take it like a man we beat you fair and square your just a sore loser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The easiest way to solve this issue for the good of the Forum is just to ban the three of you.

If you would like to engage in this kind of pointless tit for tat then take it to Sherdog.

Now, thats your last warning ladies.

• Advertisement

hitman119 wrote: »
    take it like a man we beat you fair and square your just a sore loser

Kid, K1 is a discipline that is not MMA.
    K1 has a side event which it calls M1.
    It's run in conjunction with a Russian MMA grouping.
    MMA rules, quiet often mixed wit K1 rules with seperate rules for rounds.

K1 is as disparate from MMA as boxing is.

If I say that BJ Penn recently beat Sean Sherk in a boxing fight, would I be right?!
    Because saying that Machida beat Penn in K1 is the same kind of statement.

The event was called K1 heroes, because half of the fights were K1 fights, because the company is registered as K1, and because in Japan, where it was held, K1 is the biggest sport, and so all things K1 sell.
    The fight however was under M1 rules.
    If it was under K1 rules, there would be no ground game, three three minute rounds, no clinches, no strikes to downed opponents, no elbow strikes, a three down TKO rule......etc.
    The fight was not K1.

Of course if you were here to acctually discuss MMA then you'd accept, or even understand that.

However you have doen nothing but throw juvenile insults from what I've seen of you here.
    That is what sherdog is for.

It's run in conjunction with Russian MMA.

If I say that BJ Penn recently beat Sean Sherk in a boxing fight, would I be right?!

The event was called K1 heroes, because half of the fights were K1 fights, because the company is registered as K1, and because in Japan, where it was held, K1 is the biggest sport, and so all things K1 sell.
    If it was under K1 rules, there would be no ground game, three three minute rounds, no clinches, no strikes to downed opponents, no elbow strikes, a three down TKO rule......etc.
    The fight was not K1.

Of course if you were here to acctually discuss MMA then you'd accept, or even understand that.

However you have doen nothing but through juvenile insults from what I've seen of you here.

Listen BOY you know nothing about mma you just write alot of crap that makes no since. your wrong face it you can't even except that. and your the one who started the juvenile insults, just read back over the thread. and its you that needs to go to sherdog i'd bet you have a account there already. Now seen that Dragon has given us a very harsh waring he called us ladies, i 'm just going to ignore you childish and inmature comments, so go learn about MMA and stop annoying everyone on the form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

It's run in conjunction with a Russian MMA grouping.

The fight was not K1.

However you have doen nothing but throw juvenile insults from what I've seen of you here.
    In fairness I think most of us on this forum know the difference between k1 and mma dude (hope so anyway!).. Look. You got your opinion and I got mine. As the mod said, lets just keep it polite, and on topic, then its all good..

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

In fairness I think most of us on this forum know the difference between k1 and mma dude (hope so anyway!).. Look. You got your opinion and I got mine. As the mod said, lets just keep it polite, and on topic, then its all good..

Peace

we'll said,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Come on lads back on topic, fed up sifting through your ****

BJ Penn vs GSP. BJ to take this third round stoppage.
    Machida vs Silva. Silva by G n P.
    Bonnar vs Jones. Not really interested in this one. But il go for Bonnar
    Karo vs Dong Hyun Kim. Hope Karo wins this and gets back to his best. Karo by UD
    Guida vs Diaz. Love Guida think his constant pressure on Diaz will get him a decision. He'll have to watch out for Diaz's subs though.
    Fitch vs Gono. Cant belive Fitch is on an undercard, the UFC obviously not forgetting what happened. Fitch to take this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Penn vs GSP is a very interesting matchup.

Aside from the obvious technical issues of the fight (the big question for me is whether GSP will take the sensible route and not try to pass BJ's guard or push it and put himself in danger), I think who people are rooting for in this matchup reveals quite a bit about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just wondering, what does it reveal about a person?

GSP all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

Big fan of both Fighters.
    Can't wait to see the fight, got tickets for it in Vegas:D
    So i don't mind who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

GSP all the way, bj penn the fat *beeeeeep*.

Going to be a great fight i hope hehehe

BJ Penn all the way,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Penn had GSP on queer street for the first two rounds in the first fight.

Both guys have improved but I'm hoping Penn gets the W

T-K-O wrote: »
    Penn had GSP on queer street for the first two rounds in the first fight.

Both guys have improved but I'm hoping Penn gets the W

I can see Bj winning this one, tapout 3rd round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

i wanna see gsp win but i think bj may be in his head

madmik wrote: »
    i wanna see gsp win but i think bj may be in his head

I seem to remember a certain Mr Hughes saying that.
    What happened there again?!;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just seen there BJ Penn has pulled out of the filming of the Primetime special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

rovert wrote: »
    Just seen there BJ Penn has pulled out of the filming of the Primetime special.

Penn is playing mind games. He was in a spa on holiday with his girlfriend apparently. I have a theory he is just pretending to do all that and is training really hard, just so GSP takes him lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

This fight should be amazing. Can't wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Penn is playing mind games. He was in a spa on holiday with his girlfriend apparently. I have a theory he is just pretending to do all that and is training really hard, just so GSP takes him lightly.

I KNOW THAT

But Penn is no longer doing any filming for the show full stop. Putting the future of the show in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

rovert wrote: »
    I KNOW THAT

But Penn is no longer doing any filming for the show full stop. Putting the future of the show in question.

It is apparently cause he and his family are portrayed as silver spooners, spolied, rich brats. That is what I heard.

One thing I have to ask all the BJ supporters, is this.

Do ye honestly think that BJ was robbed in the first fight?
    Seriously!

I've seen the fight a dozen times, and have just watched it again, and there's no way, in my head, that BJ won.

The first round he won, yes, but even those who say he dominated are way off IMO.
    He landed much better punches, and GSP's hands were way off, but lets not forget the thumb.
    At the very start, one of the first shots thrown, left BJ Penns thumb, in GSP's eye.
    It was an accident, but it accounted for GSP's early faltering.
    Plus, it was the main damage that BJ did.
    Most of the blood on GSP's face was from that cut.
    The rest from a glancing shot to the nose.
    Also, GSP landed close to 20 leg kicks to BJ's lead leg.
    I'd also point out that every one of GSP's takedowns later, were worked through BJ's lead leg.
    So yes BJ won it, but dominated?!
    No.

Second round, again GSP peppered the lead leg.
    So much so that you had BJ skipping to avoid it.
    He danced around BJ, controlled him against the fence, and took him down twice.
    BJ had no action from the ground.
    No sub attempts, no striking.
    GSP didn't do too much, but he landed constant punches.
    BJ barely landed anything significant.

Third round, two take downs for GSP, one of them being a major slam.
    The rest of the fight was GSP controlling BJ against the fence.
    Doing a Couture.
    BJ had one takedown attempt, in the whole fight here, which GSP stuffed, and put BJ right back against the fence.
    GSP took him down again, and here was BJ's only significant offence in round three.
    An omaplata attempt, turned into a half hearted gogoplata.
    GSP was never in danger, and was continually landing elbows and punches with his free arm.
    He then escaped, and used it to pass to half guard, just as the final hooter was about to go.

GSP went over celebrating with his corner, while BJ went to his and rested against the cage, hanging his head, while his corner stood looking dejected.

Matt Hughes, Rogan, Bravo, Goldie, all called it for GSP.
    BJ Penn never said at the time that it was the wrong dicision.
    He said that he felt like he did more damage, but when Rogan asked if he thought it was a bad call by the judges, he said no, Georges fought a great fight.

So you have everyone except one judge (Rogan/Goldie/Hughes/Bravo/GSP/BJ/GSP's corner/BJ's corner/and the other two judges of course), calling it for GSP -I know that BJ's changed his tune since - but still all you hear is BJ was robbed!!!

Makes no sense to me!:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Can't fuc*ing wait!!!:D

Leaving work at 5 on Wednesday.
    Straight up to Dublin.
    Flying out from Dublin to Vegas.
    Spending Friday at the weigh ins.
    Saturday in the pit, watching the fight of the decade.
    And Sunday I have a day pass for Extreme Couture gym!
    I'm gonna spend the day rolling in the cage!!!

What a way to spend a weekend!!!!!:cool:
    ^^
    SO way beyond jealous that a new word needs to be invented.

BTW, are the behind the scenes shown somewhere on tv (Setanta? Bravo?) or available to stream somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I was watching prime - time the other night when Penn went off with his girl friend and his brother was on the phone with Dana - that was a set up I didn't believe one word of that crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

BJ still participating in Primetime,

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/1/21/729962/report-b-j-penn-shuts-down

"My parents lived in a bus before they lived in the house they lived in right now. [They were] hard workers, they saved their money...everything our family has today is because we work as hard as we possibly can.

All you can do is kick the cameras out. They got kicked out for a while, but they're trying to make amends."

Penn knows how to sell fights, his ego demanded this fight, he is not going to ruin the spectacle now

• Advertisement

^^
    SO way beyond jealous that a new word needs to be invented.

BTW, are the behind the scenes shown somewhere on tv (Setanta? Bravo?) or available to stream somewhere?

It's shown on Setanta on Thursday evenings.
    It'll be on tonight on Setanta Sports 2 at 10:00pm.
    Take that with a pinch of salt however, as Setanta have a nasty habit of changing the times without informing Chorus/NTL, Sky, or even their own website!

It's the second in the series, you can get the first online.

Yeah, I can't wait myself.
    Flying almost 5,000 for a weekend, but so worth it!:D

Advertisement