Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 94 BJ PENN VS GSP ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Starting to get excited now.
    Heading up to Dublin in a few hours, flying out to Vegas in the morning!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

477px-94poster.jpg

I'll see you there then

It's on, like Donkey Kong!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

Game Ball,:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

I had a glance through the thread but I couldn't find anything on it so here goes.

Is this being shown in Redz on Saturday night/Sunday morning? I don't have Setanta at home but I'd love to get to see it live. Anywhere will do tbh, I just remember that redz usually has these things on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Redz is closed Bobby I'm afraid.

Oh wait I mean BJ rulez, GSP all the way etc etc :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

Cheers Clive.

Oh and BJ by two left jabs and a right cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Starting to get excited now.
    Heading up to Dublin in a few hours, flying out to Vegas in the morning!:D

Lucky you, what did that cost you? I am thinking of going to UFC 100 and some info on the filight, hotel and ticket price would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Anyone know whos reffing the bj v gsp match? The last thing we need is another early stoppage, or some other tomfoolery after all this build up. If Big Johns not available, id like to see Steve Mazzagatti or Yves lavine in there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Anyone know whos reffing the bj v gsp match? The last thing we need is another early stoppage, or some other tomfoolery after all this build up. If Big Johns not available, id like to see Steve Mazzagatti or Yves lavine in there..

Quickly to go OT about this, has Big John been fully restored to refereeing duties by the NSAC ?
    If so he should get the GSP v Penn fight imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Quickly to go OT about this, has Big John been fully restored to refereeing duties by the NSAC ?
    If so he should get the GSP v Penn fight imo

He was refereeing at Affliction 2: Day of Reckoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Day of Reckoning was in Anaheim, California, so in the jurisdiction of the CSAC.

Not sure of his current status with the NSAC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

The video above kinda explains some of the **** that goes down on the TUF show. Dana really get's a kick out of breaking plasterboard.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vCfFcv9MN3c&feature=channel

That's a video interview with BJ, not sure when it's taken, possibly a few months ago, but BJ comes across a lot better than in the prime time show, despite basically saying the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

This really is a great card from top to bottom.

Manny Gamburyan
    Stephan Bonnar
    Karo
    Jon Fitch
    BJ

all faves of mine. can't wait.

really good test for nate diaz, really good test for lyoto. we'll see if they're the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Yeah its easy to over look the rest of the card. Should be a great night. Really looking forward to this one more then normal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Guys, I know the show is starting at 3am on Setanta Sports 1, but does anyone know what time each individual fight is due to start at?

Is GSP vs BJ the last fight of the night? I'm trying to work out what time they will be on at in case I go to bed, so I can set my alarm.

live coverage of the weigh in with commentary here.

http://assets.espn.go.com/livenow/ufc94/eng.swf

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

bj looked a little pudgy

• Advertisement

168. Hmmmm. BJ did look a tad tubby. I'll sleep on it and decide my bets in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Iv been swaying back and forth all week with this one. I think one thing that people may be over looking is that GSP is so much physically stronger than he was when they fought last. I think that will be the deciding factor for me, even if it is a little short-sighted.

Very interesting weigh-ins. Like Mir, I too was worried for a sec that BJ dropped his shorts to weigh in but he weighed in at 168lbs, although he did look a little soft around the belly. GSP looked very relaxed while BJ on the other hand was tense, dont think you can read that much into that tho.

On an interesting side note, In one of Dana's blogs he mentioned that at the press conference square up BJ said to GSP that he thinks he is cutting too much weight and is going to be weak. Anyone with weight cutting experience or knowledge have any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

BJ said to GSP that he thinks he is cutting too much weight and is going to be weak. Anyone with weight cutting experience or knowledge have any thoughts on this?

I think GSP is too smart, too professional, too well prepared and too finely tuned to cut more weight than he should.

He will be coming in with a 15-20 pound weight advantage - because that's the weight he has aimed to be. Occasionally you'll see fighters like Lutter who haven't controlled their weight properly in the run up to their cut, so they do too much and end up weak and lethargic, but that's just through poor planning.

I'm confident that GSP will be firing on all cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Clive wrote: »
    I think GSP is too smart, too professional, too well prepared and too finely tuned to cut more weight than he should.

He will be coming in with a 15-20 pound weight advantage - because that's the weight he has aimed to be. Occasionally you'll see fighters like Lutter who haven't controlled their weight properly in the run up to their cut, so they do too much and end up weak and lethargic, but that's just through poor planning.

I'm confident that GSP will be firing on all cylinders.

Completly agree with you on this. I presume its just bj trying to get into his head.

Could not be more excited for this fight!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-not-so-sure-karo-parisyan-will-show

Apparently UFC have a last minute replacement for Karo if he pulls out.

Haters..

I was undeceided before reading that piece but now im really rootin for karo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

dunkamania wrote: »
    http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-not-so-sure-karo-parisyan-will-show

Apparently UFC have a last minute replacement for Karo if he pulls out.

He didnt look in good shape at the weigh in.

WAR BJ

Lucky you, what did that cost you? I am thinking of going to UFC 100 and some info on the filight, hotel and ticket price would be great.

It wasn't too bad.
    it's off season over here, so everything was fairly cheap.
    Flights were €550 return.
    Hotel was €120.
    Event tickets were $300, but they range from $60-750.

Okay, quick impressions.
    The weigh in yesterday was great.
    We were late getting there, but managed to sneak in the back enterance and pretty much skipped the queue.
    (Didn't have muchof a choice, we went in the back door, and the ushers just waved us through!:D)
    The athmosphere inside was great.
    Best laugh was deffinately for Gono.
    And fair play to Fitch, he played along with the world of Gono pretty well.
    (Gono weighs in at 171 with the Fro!:P)
    Can't wait for his enterance.

As for the GSP and BJ.
    First off, I was happy to see that while the crowd wass split 50/50 the chants were of BJ not USA.
    Good to see that the usual racism wasn't prevalent.
    Although one twat to the right did boo everytime that GSP was on screen, or somebody spoke French!:rolleyes:

Before the weigh in started, they played the entire Primetime series on the big screen.
    Big note here though.
    They cut out every single refference to BJ slacking in training.
    Litterally all of them.
    No going on holidays, no relaxing, no avoiding Dana on the phone.
    BJ obviously insisted on it.

Anyway, all in all, great athmosphere.
    Just rearing to go now!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Really looking forward to this now. Have a few beers and the lads around later (herself in a sulk). Hoping GSP gets thought a lesson he won't forget quickly..:)

Advertisement