Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 94 BJ PENN VS GSP ***Will Contain Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gono's afro at the weigh in was funny :D

joe rogan "170 with the 'fro"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

calex71 wrote: »
    gono's afro at the weigh in was funny :D

joe rogan "170 with the 'fro"

Wait untill you see his entrance!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

Absolutely brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I really thought he was going to make Dana wear the fro

Wait untill you see his entrance!:D

UFC are just not on the same level as japan when it comes to these things :D

its one of the main reason i love the pride/dream/K1 etc etc they really go OTT, where the things took longer than the actual fights nearly :D

Affliction did try to borrow some of that last week which was nice to see where they introduced all the fighters at the start of the event but was an epic fail compared to the opening ceremony of a Japanese event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Here I am and here are my picks:)

Penn sub rd 4
    Silva KO rd 1
    Diaz sub rd 2
    Karo UD
    Bonnar KO rd 1
    Fitch KO rd 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

UFC 94 Betting
    It All De-Penns

When someone says BJ to you, there's usually one thing that springs to mind...no not that...we're talking about BJ Penn, the UFC lightweight champion who is moving up to middleweight to take on George St Pierre. Anyway, BJ (Penn) is synonymous for being a little lax with his training so will he be able to rise to the occasion and show what he's made of or will George knock him limp?

Match Betting

George St Pierre 4 - 7
    BJ Penn 13 - 10

Fiar play to Paddy Power for making numerous cock jokes! It makes up for getting the weight class wrong.

On my way down now.
    Picked up my tickets a short time ago.
    I was just offered $700 dollars for it by a scalp in the street, and he didn't know if it was only one of the $60 dollar tickets!
    Wonder what he'd offer for my $300 one?!!

Although he'd have to mortgage his house to even get me to contemplate it!!!:D

Can't f*****g wait!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Just watched Inside mma. Bas Rutten said he would like to see BJ fight Anderson Silva if he beats GSP tonight..

calex71 wrote: »
    UFC are just not on the same level as japan when it comes to these things :D

its one of the main reason i love the pride/dream/K1 etc etc they really go OTT, where the things took longer than the actual fights nearly :D

Affliction did try to borrow some of that last week which was nice to see where they introduced all the fighters at the start of the event but was an epic fail compared to the opening ceremony of a Japanese event

Gono still put's in the effort though.
    His entrance for UFC 89 was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hope his entrance tonight doesnt disappoint. It is great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Could anyone pm me a decent link to this please

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

looking forward to this one...

how the fck do you score that Parysian Dong match

Killme00 wrote: »
    how the fck do you score that Parysian Dong match

flip a coin. it was kim for me though

i thought it might have been a draw. I dont think Dong lost either way

man i wish these two didnt have to fight...
    warriors both
    gsp tko rd 3 i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

GSP is ****ing awesome

Damn

Good call by BJ's corner though

Damn

Good call by BJ's corner though

aye it was getting ridiculous. wish gsp would trust his standup some more. that gnp is not very endearing.

• Advertisement

Hero of the night: Jon Jones for being very entertaining
    Villain of the night: Thiago Silva for sleepwalking through the bout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

that was domination by GSP. GSP was incredible, but BJ gassed after the second round :confused:.... maybe he booked that holiday a bit too early!

Lyoto was great too, def sould be up for a title shot.

Jon Jones was impressive also, incredible when you think he's only 21!!! i hate it when fighters are younger than me :)

would love to see GSP Anderson Silva.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

St Pierre is the complete martial artist.

Absolute domination from start to finish. Incredible.
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Total domination.

Love seeing GSP win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

would love to see GSP Anderson Silva.......

can only see one winner there too, GSP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Have you ever seen Anderson Silva?

As convincing a win as that was, A Silva would pose a completely different threat to GSP.

All in all though, GSP is an incredible specimen of a fighting machine.

EDIT: Btw, I was disgusted that Parysian won that fight. I have never seen either fighter before but I thought that was a complete misjustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

i thought it might have been a draw. I dont think Dong lost either way

I thought the stun gun was robbed. He should have gotten the nod. Jones is a beast and is 21, which is frightening. Penn did well in the first rd defending takedowns. In the second and third he took a beating but had an active guard and was constantly looking for subs. That 4th rd was utter annihilation by GSP. He beat him down to lightweight. I was a bit pissed to see Alves in the octagon. I dont want to see that fight, I want to see GSP vs Anderson Silva at UFC 100 for the MW title, not GSP versus another guy he will destroy. It could be Rashad vs Machida at 100 for the LHW title. If Machida fights like he fought tonight he will break Rashad. Anyway I'm off to bed, that is my fatigued ramblings:)

Wha an athmosphere!
    I mean electric!

I'll recap on the fights tomorrow, but as for GSP vs BJ, I gotta say, I don't know how it came across on TV, but it was utter domination from start to finish.
    The build up was immense, but as soon as GSP took the center of the octogon, It was all him.

Over the whole weekend, the support that BJ had was unbelievable.
    Vegas has been full of Hawaiians.
    And when he came out, man what a response!
    But after a few seconds, they were stunned to silence.
    From 2 mins into round 1, all you could hear were GSP chants.

The guy sitting next to me was a Hawaiian, who litterally sat there with a stunned look on his face.
    After the fight, he actually had a tear in his eye.
    He sat there for a while, and then just got up and stormed out!
    He was so emotional.

But seriously, it was beyond domination.
    The only thing the BJ fans had to cheer about in the whole fight, was when BJ scrambled up, and held GSP against the cage for a few seconds.

Utter domination.

As for the decision, it was a TKO.
    Neither BJ or his corner gave up, it was stopped by the reff, cause he thought (rightly) that it was over.
    BJ didn't complain, or ask to continue.
    He just sat there.

Lastly, for now, I'm not sure if it was shown on the PPV, but after the Rogan interview, GSP went to do his backflip, and f****d up.
    Landed flat on his ar$e.
    Hilarious!!!:D

P.S: Probably not picked up on TV, but a load of people were trying to start "Olé Olé Olé" chants!:confused:

P.P.S: Did they show the Gono Fitch fight?
    His enterance more than made up for the boring one sided fight.
    Akihiro and his posey came out in drag wearing shiny dresses, doing the Masuki dance.
    F*****g brilliant!!!:D:D:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... I would not have predicted that. BJ simply didnt have an answer for GSP. He also looks gassed from the end of the second round. Never looked like submitting GSP or even threatening to and ultimately seemed to just give up.

I watched the Machida fight with interest too... am I wrong or did he just put the Martial Arts back into Mixed Martial Arts? :)
    Great to see a different style being used successfully and with a clinical feeling that many fights lack. Hard to tell if Silva was as bad as he looked or if he couldnt deal with Machida (and it looked like a bit of both to be honest). Silva looked a lot like Penn in fact, in that he had no answer to his opponents seeming superiority.

DeV.

• Advertisement

did you see GSP's corner at the end - ole ole ole ??? lmao :D

a good stoppage imo

Advertisement