Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating problem

Options
  • 10-01-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

can anybody tell me is it possible to flush gas heating system which is clogged with so called gunk . boiler working and pump working but system will not work due to being clogged From what i know the piping is less than half inch Will i have to replace whole system or can it be flushed I would be grateful for any help T.M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

cannot find your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

tony melia wrote: »
    cannot find your reply
    Mission Statement:

This forum is a place for media organisations to engage with the greater community of boards.ie

Boards.ie is organised into sections. Try find the section that suits you and post there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Not helpful themilkyone. Nor where any of the other posts like it. If you can't help then don't post.

Childish idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimtheman

Hi,
    best way to do it is to inject a Fernox Cleaner or similar product and leave it in for a couple of weeks.

http://www.fernox.com/?cccpage=DS40&sub=2

also your circulating pump may be working but could be weak and not working at full power.

Jim

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Maureenk

had a similar problem kept bleading rads and foamy gunk kept coming out turns out the system was not refilling automatically and I had to top up the water in it (Manually open the valve)- builder had not installed an Automatic valve - works fine since!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Daryn

I had the same problem with my gas system also, its easy enough to fix tho. you just need to go to the hardware and get sum a fitting that can fit to one end of the radiator, then get sum hose off that fitting and into the sink or something. let the system flush and then. re energise the system. there is normally a little valve under the gas boiler. you will know when you turn it on as you will hear the water surging anyway.make sure that after u bleed the system that you get the pressure back to the correct bar. normally there is a reader on the boiler. also when u bleed the air from the rads after you have flushed them the pressure might drop sum more. if you still have problems you should just google your boiler and the problem. thats how i found out how to fix mine. anyway hope it helps a little

Advertisement