Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No gas tank in GTA4

• 10-01-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

This is pissing me off no end. No f**king gas tank in the vehicles in GTA4. Loved shooting stuff up in GTA in the past, but now you spray the car with an uzi, and not one boom :(

Find myself having to damage cars till they light up a bit ;) before heading the car at a police car, and jumping out, or ramming the petrol pumps for the laugh.

Will this get fixed in the future, does anyone know?

Comments

Highly doubt it will.

I actually never noticed they weren't there, but they certainly were fun when they were around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Yeah, its been bugging me too. Especially when you've got 5 bad guys taking cover behind a car, would make things a bit easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This is one of my major issues with the game. Cars have gas tanks, why don't they in the game, not very realistic to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but fuel tanks don't usually explode on cars if the fuel is ignited, it just burns so it would be slow burning anyway if they went down the realistic route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

brim4brim wrote: »
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but fuel tanks don't usually explode on cars if the fuel is ignited, it just burns so it would be slow burning anyway if they went down the realistic route.

Mythbusters proved this to be correct but it's still nice to have this option. The game has a Hollywood feel to it and we all know what happens when you shoot a car in a movie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That was annoying alright. It even got me killed. I stood there sooting the car running around looking for the gas tank while the cops riddled me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Who cares if its not realistic, the fact that some Balkan immigrant could run around a city like a crazed mad man and not be sent to prison after an arrest or that after blowing yourself up with a grenade that you could live on just as long as you have enough money to re spawn, get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

its only a bit of fun lol i used to like hitting the tank in the last few gta's but now if you shoot the engine the car goes up. Best method use shotgun up close 2 or max 3 shots to the engine block should set it on fire then its just matter of time before the boom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It makes it much harder in missions and online when your chasing someone and have to kill them.
    Like the new NOOSE mini in the Lost and Dammed, i was pointing the Uzi at the stupid bus for the guts of 5 minutes and nothing! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

get a life
    Or just load a saved game :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement