Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech smoke alarm Help [Moved from DIY]

Options
  • 10-01-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a very old ( 20yrs) smoke and heat sensor on my alarm system. Trying to replace it, but unable to figure out how to remove it from mounting base. Appears to be small lever/latch on black base, but not sure which direction to push, pull etc. Also does unit turn off or lift straight off?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried twisting anti-clockwise. If that doesnt work can you post a pic or a model number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rumbleweed

Yes Tried to rotate CCW. Appears to have a stop. Attached is a pic. What appears to be a latch is at 9 Oclock looking at front. Tried several ways to move it, but no luck. Can't get model # as assume it is inside.

Thanks for quick response.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think you push the clip in with a terminal screwdriver & then it rotates

Advertisement