Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is gary megson a disgrace?

• 10-01-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

hi folks, first post in the forum...................just watching the arsenal-bolton game at the moment and megson has named 4 subs from a possible 7................if you were a bolton youngster trying to get a leg up on the ladder, the least you would expect is a place on the bench, however minimal the chance of getting a game. He could at least give them a confidence boost, unbelievably bad man management in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

daithijjj wrote: »
    hi folks, first post in the forum...................just watching the arsenal-bolton game at the moment and megson has named 4 subs from a possible 7................if you were a bolton youngster trying to get a leg up on the ladder, the least you would expect is a place on the bench, however minimal the chance of getting a game. He could at least give them a confidence boost, unbelievably bad man management in my opinion.

i thought it was a bit strange alright, i might for a game myself if they're that stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Scott Carson. :D

In fairness West Brom are so much better than Derby last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Scott Carson. :D

In fairness West Brom are so much better than Derby last season.

Have I been trasnported back to the turn of the decade? Megson and West Brom? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

if twas me, he would have my transfer request before the game started...........they are talking about it on setanta at halftime saying hes making a statement to the chairman to get players in........my rearend he is.........he certainly has a big enough mouth on him to speak to the chairman instead of alienating every other player at the club.......ridiculous.......even the game commentators are having a pop at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

why......all.....the.....dots..../use....a....comma>,<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Being that it is an away game, did they possibly travel down with a full squad and end up losing a couple to injury?

Megson has always been quite old fashioned in his management style, its possible he just didnt want to put out youth players, even on the bench, in case the chairman told him that he had enough players to play Arsenal so he wasn't getting cash for the transfer window?

el rabitos wrote: »
    why......all.....the.....dots..../use....a....comma>,<

thanks for the contribution,,,,,,,,,,,,i didnt realise the grammar police had a resident here,,,,,,,,,,,:P

Draupnir wrote: »
    Being that it is an away game, did they possibly travel down with a full squad and end up losing a couple to injury?

Megson has always been quite old fashioned in his management style, its possible he just didnt want to put out youth players, even on the bench, in case the chairman told him that he had enough players to play Arsenal so he wasn't getting cash for the transfer window?

i dont believe that is the case, the commentators were saying hes just making a statement (pretty selfish one) to the chairman, as far as i know he has the squad that left bolton for london.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if twas me, he would have my transfer request before the game started...........they are talking about it on setanta at halftime saying hes making a statement to the chairman to get players in........my rearend he is.........he certainly has a big enough mouth on him to speak to the chairman instead of alienating every other player at the club.......ridiculous.......even the game commentators are having a pop at him.

That's what you get for listening to lou macari - he's a complete cretin.

mayordenis wrote: »
    That's what you get for listening to lou macari - he's a complete cretin.

i dont disagree with that sentiment, but on the flipside, i dont think the recession has hit bolton fc so hard that they cant stick 3 of the youth team on the bench, its not a positive message hes sending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

i dont disagree with that sentiment, but on the flipside, i dont think the recession has hit bolton fc so hard that they cant stick 3 of the youth team on the bench, its not a positive message hes sending.

It wouldn't have me calling him a "disgrace" all the same.

keane2097 wrote: »
    It wouldn't have me calling him a "disgrace" all the same.

fair comment, i think it shows a huge lack of respect, if i was contracted to bolton and was able to get up in the morning then i would expect my manager to have me on the bench at least, if the manager doesnt think your capable of sitting on the bench whats the point of being at bolton at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is Gary Megson a disgrace

In looks: completely
    In management: meh

Case closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Neil3030 wrote: »
    In looks: completely
    In management: meh

Case closed.

/thread

Advertisement