Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 upgrade & speed limit: 60 Kmh

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i agree with a limit of say 80 during the day, but after the workers are gone its just rediculous, i go through there every night at 100-120km/h and ive never had a problem and i dont see why i should, theres no problems there at night

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

School children aren't running out of schools at 10 at night, but the limits still apply :) . I don't think we have speed limits in Ireland that change based on some condition.

We do - 30km/h limits at schools are frequently enforced by lit signs which only activate when required; otherwise the previously posted limit (generally 50km/h) applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

was just thinking more about the night time lilit. work happens the whole time, so having 2 limits is not practical. because one night it would apply and the next it may not due to work.

60 is slow.but not unacceptable

if you were to run the full length of the m50 at 60kmh it would take roughly 38 mins (non stop)

if you did it at 80 it will take roughly 28 mins.

you are only saving 10minutes by speeding!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Hammertime wrote: »
    they don't work close by at 10 at night but the idiotic limits still appply

the roadway is basicly a building site with muck and other various liquids going onto the road without anyone paying attention

a lot of the sections of the road contains sudden dips and bumps with may take some people by supprise. just because your a confident driver who can adapt quickly to sudden changes in the road dosnt mean the driver of the car infront or next to you can .

as marton said . your not saving a lot of time by going over the limit . you would probably spend the time saved trying to work out what your going to have for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

elexes wrote: »
    with muck and other various liquids going onto the road without anyone paying attention

i beg to differ...

if there is muck on the road it will not there for long..... and the liquids you speak of is water. no other liquids are used in such quantity that they could flow on to the road.

and as for nobody paying attention.... there is 3 full time safety officers, the nra, the main contractors, and also subcontractor safety.

failing all that there is the m50concession who look after the main traffic areas and they have cctv cameras all over the place and if they see there is anything causing trouble we get a call straight away... so not too sure your comment is entirely accurate

• Advertisement
Advertisement