Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upgrading Nissan Almera Interior

Options
  • 10-01-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey guys.

I have a Nissan Almera (N-16 model). It has an integrated tape deck and I'd like to get something a bit fancier. If I brought it down to my nearest Halfords, would they be able to install it for me there? Or would I need to do it myself, since I'd have to get a fascia plate? And if I did upgrade the radio, would the audio controls on the steering wheel still work?

Also my particular model has an instrument centre box storage compartment. Later models have a built in Navigation System. Would there be anyway to upgrade to get a nav system installed? Would a Nissan dealer o a modification like that or what?

To be honest I'd be fairly clueless about actually doing any of this myself and more worried about breaking something. And I've Googled around to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presume your Almera is 00-03 and you don't have the climate control display thingy up high in the dash?

you won't be able to get a double DIN unit adaptor to fit the Almera, so you can rule out a large screen satnav unit. you would be able to get a single DIN size touchscreen satnav headunit that slides out and upright.

Your other option would be to convert the cubby box at the top of the dash to take a satnav, Catronics in Santry Hall do a range of integrated satnavs that replace the cubby box in many cars. they may do one for the Almera.

Advertisement