Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Happy Eircom Customer

Options
  • 10-01-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

02 Dec ordered 7mb Broadband + new line.
    10 Dec Connected New Line
    16 Dec 1st Bill
    31 Dec 1st Bill Failed DDebit
    06 Jan 1st Bill Failed Again

6 calls over that week Told DD was fine, Bank shows not.

07 Jan Receive Modem

Dsl light fails to initialize, no internet.

Call Eircom, tell me to do things i've already done. (only 1 socket, the master)
    Try modem on its own. Still the same, try splitter, and one i have that works in old house...bla bla bla...you know the story.

Call back...Sometime next week 14th maybe. Eircom engineer will check exchange, then call to check line if its not fixed...then I might have BB.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When you say the dd failed twice what do you mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

I still haven't paid a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Your post doesn't make much sense. Are you saying that you are getting free broadband from eircom? If so, that won't last long. One thing eircom do well is billing! Enjoy it will it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Calebmcd wrote: »
    02 Dec ordered 7mb Broadband + new line.
    10 Dec Connected New Line
    16 Dec 1st Bill
    31 Dec 1st Bill Failed DDebit
    06 Jan 1st Bill Failed Again

6 calls over that week Told DD was fine, Bank shows not.

07 Jan Receive Modem

Dsl light fails to initialize, no internet.

Call Eircom, tell me to do things i've already done. (only 1 socket, the master)
    Try modem on its own. Still the same, try splitter, and one i have that works in old house...bla bla bla...you know the story.

Call back...Sometime next week 14th maybe. Eircom engineer will check exchange, then call to check line if its not fixed...then I might have BB.:rolleyes:

If you don't like doing the troubleshooting don't call tech support. Its most likely that your account has been disabled for non payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Do you mean that you ordered internet including router box at the start of december and they are charging you for the month before the router arrived? I've pulled them on this before and I got a refund for the first month as I couldn't use it

• Advertisement

I ordered a 7mb friends package. €60+

So far i've been billed only for Line Rental under €30

I've been tolded my Direct debit is fine.

It was a new Line(free connection worth €100+)

Received modem, no internet. Was told it was setup for broadband.
    But its not working. So there sending out an engineer to check. If he can't fix it, then he'll have to arrange a visit to my house.

At college till 6pm, so he better work late.

Ordered Dec 2nd, my email said 4 weeks for Phone and Broadband.

You'd think with a new line it would work fine.

After 1 week i had a working Phone. But more than 6 weeks from the order still no working Broadband. I know i'm only paying for line rental. But all i wanted was Broadband. But they dont give you that option.

I don't mind them fault checking the line, and having me do the check list. I just said it that way because its not the 1st time i've done this. Every house i've lived in i've done this.

You might say i've paid nothing, but thats not the point. They said no more than 4 weeks. It was a new line and its nearly 7 weeks. And i might not have broadband for another week. And i've lost Setanta.

If you don't like doing the troubleshooting don't call tech support. Its most likely that your account has been disabled for non payment.

No its not disabled, they checked that. 3 different people checked. And each time they said it was enabled. And they said the Direct Debit was setup. My email on Dec 2nd even says(after i asked) it was setup. So its not my Fault.

connected now

sync @ 7mb

speeds of 5mb+

17.5 att/11.8 snr down

12 att/18 snr up

any good

30-40 ping to boards.ie

should i change to 3mb or try the gamer option r is this the gamer option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Calebmcd wrote: »
    connected now

sync @ 7mb

speeds of 5mb+

17.5 att/11.8 snr down

12 att/18 snr up

any good

30-40 ping to boards.ie

Your stats look fine. Your probably receiving the full whack. Also your ping times are stable and quiet ok for this time of night so it seems your not suffering congestion problems, if your into downloading ETC you should be very happy ;)

Called eircom got put to to level 1 on the interleaving

BB is fine now

Still pings of 40ms to boards but gaming online has become way better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 krust

I hate to burst your bubble there, mate. You will be charged in full. Sooner or later you will get that bill.

bill went through wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 krust

just sayin... hope for the best, plan for the worst

Advertisement