Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Skiing Gear

• 10-01-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Going skiing at the end of the month for the first time and looking to pick up some gear could anyone point me towards a good online shop ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Don't know about online but if you're near Kildare Village it's worth a visit to a shop call Tog24.

Good stuff and reasonable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

tk-maxx usually have some decent priced ski gear ... sorry just seen online

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

manufan16 wrote: »
    tk-maxx usually have some decent priced ski gear ... sorry just seen online

+1

Ive heading nxt week for 1.5 wks skiing hols, and bought most of my gear in TK-max. There are a number of shops:
    - 50 degrees north (expensive, v.good gear)
    - TK-max, cheap, gear reasonable once your not doing extreme ice sports
    - Sports shops (lifetstyle, champion etc) - good for base layers, fleece tops etc
    - Snow & Rock, same as 50 degrees, have sale on atm, still expensive but v.good gear.

in reality you need to list what you need and shop around, also try on gear so they fit properly, do it now as sales are on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dont know where you live mate, but aldi/lidl on the st. margerets road in finglas testerday had tons of snowboarding/ski stuff including suits, goggles, gloves, trousers, jackets, thermal vests, thermal under garments etc etc etc

sorry i cant remember if it was lidl or aldi but as they are 2 shops next door to each other, you can simply try them one by one as they are a 30 secone walk from each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 famousfrog

Tk-max always has a good range if you dont mind searching through the racks. Always better priced. The shop in Blanch usually has the biggest variety.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

kceire wrote: »
    aldi/lidl on the st. margerets road in finglas testerday had tons of snowboarding/ski stuff including suits, goggles, gloves, trousers, jackets, thermal vests, thermal under garments etc etc etc

yeah forgot to mention those shops, thanks for mentioning it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭superfootyfan

Thanks for the ideas guys looks like TK Maxx could be my best bet ill go check it out

Advertisement