Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching provider..never simple...

Options
  • 10-01-2009 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

So, having marked in my calendar the date to contact EsatBT to free myself I duly did.
    They actually responded to my email and have confirmed that my account is now cancelled and they actually owe me money.....
    However I'm still connected - am hoping I disconnect on Monday or I can see a new contract magically appearing.
    It gets more interesting though.

An Eircom guy called to my door a while ago and i signed up to one of their packages and got the modem and all sent out.
    So I called Eircom to ask when am I being switched to their broadband...they have no record of my broadband order apparently!!!
    I really don't know what to do! I'm thinking I'll just use the Esat broadband until its cut and then "order" broadband from Eircom again , no doubt receiving another modem...
    I thought I was finally free of incompetence...but apparently not :(
    Any suggestions?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

having been a seller of BB myself mate, I can tell you that this sort of incompetance happens alot, useally mis communication between departments....

I thankfully only messed up one persons account in the whole odd 2 years that I did it...but other than that...it was all taken care of.

your order could still be in the sales department yet to go to the provisioning department ( the department that contacts the engineers to set up the BB)....

might be an idea to contact the sales department directly? they may not have sent down the paperwork yet....if you indeed made an order, the phone call will be recorded and just demand they listen to it, asking for a supervisor gets things done double time.

Hope this helps ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You went about it the wrong way - there is a procedure for transferring between isps - iirc your new isp should get you to sign a form transferring the bb from your old to the new isp and this is supposed to minimise down time.

Presumably when you contacted bt they in turn have to contact Eircom wholesale to get you disconnected at the exchange. Eircom will now have to get you reconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

dub45 wrote: »
    You went about it the wrong way - there is a procedure for transferring between isps - iirc your new isp should get you to sign a form transferring the bb from your old to the new isp and this is supposed to minimise down time.

Presumably when you contacted bt they in turn have to contact Eircom wholesale to get you disconnected at the exchange. Eircom will now have to get you reconnected.

The idea was to transfer to Eircom, which I was told would be seamless, but of course it isn't going to work out like that.
    I'll call them again on Monday.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Supercell wrote: »
    The idea was to transfer to Eircom, which I was told would be seamless, but of course it isn't going to work out like that.
    I'll call them again on Monday.

You shouldn't have cancelled with BT. This will now completely cancel your telephone line meaning you will have to go back to eircom to get setup again including getting a new number. By the time eircom go to do the transfer BT will ave cancelled your account and your UAN(universal account number) will be inactive.This will take a few days to get sorted. I personally have a policy of not signing up to anything at the door but i prefer to ring the company and do it over the phone where there will be a recording of the call.

Ring eircom customer care and query your order. Failing any joy ask for a supervisor to get it sorted.

Advertisement