Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonsai shop in Powerscourt gone....

Options
  • 10-01-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

I've been looking to get a bonsai tree for a while now, been trying to do some research and such so I don't end up killing it.

So today I went in to the Powerscourt Centre, being the only plave I know of that has a bonsai seller, and having been looking about the shop before Christmas, to find it's gone! All's that left is a sign saying "The Bonsai Shop is closed until further notice". :(

Are there any other good bonsai retailers in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stream

abelard wrote: »
    I've been looking to get a bonsai tree for a while now, been trying to do some research and such so I don't end up killing it.

So today I went in to the Powerscourt Centre, being the only plave I know of that has a bonsai seller, and having been looking about the shop before Christmas, to find it's gone! All's that left is a sign saying "The Bonsai Shop is closed until further notice". :(

I rang their number today (01-6793456) and the message machine said they were opening back up April 6th. Didn't say where though, hopefully same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Zack21

Id wait until April really if i where you cause i noticed that alot of garden Centre's and the one that i work in get them around that time

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Zack21 wrote: »
    Id wait until April really if i where you cause i noticed that alot of garden Centre's and the one that i work in get them around that time

Message is saying November now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 molly16

Just spoke with owner its re-opening wed 14th!
    will be closed Mon & tues.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

I know this is quite an old thread, but just wondering if anybody has been back to the shop since it reopened and if it is still open now? Wouldn't mind expanding my little collection (excuse the pun!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Same as above poster........any up to date info on this shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

Bought from this site last year, if your looking for Bonsai.
    https://www.gardens4you.ie/index.php?/Bonsai/Bonsai-trees/View-all-products.html&Itemid=82

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Plantlife on Cork St in D8 has them too, or did last summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

abelard wrote: »

Ikea (plants section downstairs) sell Bonsai Trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Elizabeth Quinn

Hi, just to clarify - as of March 2012 the Bonsai Shop in Powerscourt is still up and running, open Wed Thurs Friday and Saturday, I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement