Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ring-road.

Options
  • 10-01-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

The speed limit on the ring road is 100km/h, not 60km/h

This is something that has been bugging me for a while. I think people genuinely don't realise what the speed limit is so I figured I'd post here and hopefully enlighten a few drivers. I know it's not the end of the World if you're behind someone going 60km/h for a little while but it's also about time people realised the actual speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What's the spped limit at 12 O clock at night outside Woodies because I can hear them from my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

ergonomics wrote: »

This is something that has been bugging me for a while. I think people genuinely don't realise what the speed limit is so I figured I'd post here and hopefully enlighten a few drivers. I know it's not the end of the World if you're behind someone going 60km/h for a little while but it's also about time people realised the actual speed.

I reckon a lot of people on the ring road never actually leave town and treat the ring road as such. Really infuriates me actually. So selfish, why should my speed be dictated by a slow couch in front :confused:

Another thing that really bugs me too is those lunatics out walking on the ring road!! Do these people actually have a brain??? You don't walk on a national road with constant traffic unless really neccessary. Lots of roads around with FOOTPATHS to walk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

ergonomics wrote: »

is this always the case? just what with the last week or two having ice on the roads maybe you're just being caught behind people being extra careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EL3CTR0S1S

I hate it when people turn left on a ring-road when there in the right hand lane its fin illegal and they nearly clip ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

is this always the case? just what with the last week or two having ice on the roads maybe you're just being caught behind people being extra careful.

Almost always the case. When weather/traffic/road conditions dictate I have no problem going less than the speed limit but on a clear, dry night with no other traffic around it's uncalled for. I think people just don't look at the signs.

Actually that's another one; at the Dublin Road roundabout you can go straight in either lane when approaching from the Hebron Road side or the opposite side. A lot of cars don't realise this and try and cut you off or match your speed so you can't get back into the lane as they think you're just trying to be cheeky when really I just don't want to sit behind 7/8 cars in the left hand lane when I can proceed in the right hand lane. It's extremely dangerous to try and stop someone using the right lane to go straight and I don't appreciate having my life endangered because you're too stupid to acknowledge road signs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement