Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corks Its Getting More Like Dublin With Each Passing Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Anyone know the genders of the people involved???

I think I might know one of them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

I disagree just cos some woman was mugged its not the first time this happened in Cork and wont be the last.

Three female and two male according to news

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

3 women, 2 men is what I heard on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

There's an ATM on Model Farm Road?

• Advertisement

jimbo78 wrote: »
    There's an ATM on Model Farm Road?

In the texaco garage down by the old tennis village.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭norrie_1001

Silly thread title. Someone got mugged. Happens in every town in Ireland.
    Cork is nothing like Dublin.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

4 of them released without charge and 1 held for another matter.The woman will be lucky if one of them doesnt sue her for stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Silly thread title. Someone got mugged. Happens in every town in Ireland.
    Cork is nothing like Dublin.

Well the nature of the mugging is disturbing.I mean the woman withdrew cash from an atm and was then followed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

And then STOPPED? WTF. I agree it is a totally disgraceful act hopefully the crims got some measure of treatment that the boys in blue are good for and showed them the error of their ways.

MC

Yup, I know who did it. Scum of the highest order, the lot of them. They are mostly Teens. And have all been involved in stealing before.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

name and shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

That's a pretty nasty thing to happen, must have been very frightening for her. Bring back the gallows and the guilloutine... yes, public excecutions in daunt sqaure every sunday afternoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Yup, I know who did it. Scum of the highest order, the lot of them. They are mostly Teens. And have all been involved in stealing before.

I hope you do --- and if you really really do, please contact the garda.

dh0661 wrote: »
    I hope you do --- and if you really really do, please contact the garda.

They were caught, and most of them released. I can't name and shame as one of them is a very close relation of mine, however, I do not like to claim a relationship with her.

4 of them are not being charged because they were only in the car, even though the Driver, a 17 YO girl on a learners permit, (If it was her which it probably was), could be charged with a number of offences, including traffic offences, I doubt she will be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can a mod merge this horsecrap with this horscrap so we can continue to ignore sensationist Star/Mirror-level claptrap?

Please rename the thread "Ignorant Tabloid Scaremongering".

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

dahamsta wrote: »
    Can a mod merge this horsecrap with this horscrap so we can continue to ignore sensationist Star/Mirror-level claptrap?

Please rename the thread "Ignorant Tabloid Scaremongering".

adam

You're way off the mark there, dahamsta. This is fairly serious alright.. the lady was 72 years of age and was dragged down the road by the gangs car while she hung onto her handbag.
    By the way.. Is the Sunday Times a tabloid ? This story has made pages 1 AND 2 of that particular publication.

Tommy

Edit... The thread title is scaremongering alright though, not the press coverage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I didn't say it wasn't serious. Read the thread I linked to. It's one incident, it does not make Cork "like Dublin" and I'm sick of reading that kind of Ignorant Capitalised Claptrap on this forum. The thread title reads like a headline from the Star ffs.

[EDIT: You edited while I was posting, so I guess you see my point.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

have been living in dublin for a few years now and believe me when i say cork could never be as bad. i've also lived in a few of the UKs bigger cities and dublin is far more scummier...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Corks Its Getting More Like Dublin With Each Passing Day

You wish mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

*sigh* if only Dublin was more like Cork...

Advertisement