Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champix aka Chantix/Varenicline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭susanweir

Timfy wrote: »
    Hi again all.
    Anyone else keeping a diary of their champix adventures?
    I'm just putting down a few lines every day.
    Would love to see other peoples journals (if not too private!). It's always nice to share an experience, and can take a lot of worry off your mind when you see everyone is going through exactly the same as you.
    My first few days are laid out below. Don't think that I'm a lazy git having my afternoon naps! It's a leftover from years of shiftwork, and now I work for myself I allow myself the luxury of a siesta!!!

Day One

09:00 One 0.5mg Champix tablet was taken with water at 8:30am. Two pieces of toast consumed at same time. No nausea or other similar side effects noted throughout the day.

18:00 Slept 2 hours in the afternoon (normal behaviour)

22:00 Smoking as normal. (35-40 cigarettes)

Day Two

09:00 Experienced a normal nights sleep. (8hrs)
    One 0.5mg Champix tablet was taken with water at 8:30am. Two pieces of toast consumed at same time.

18:00 Slept 2 hours in the afternoon. Dreams quite vivid and I remember them after waking, which is unusual for me. Didn’t smoke quite as many cigarettes today.

Day Three

10:00 Slept well, no dreams. (7hrs)
    One 0.5mg Champix tablet was taken with water at 9.00am. Two pieces of toast consumed at same time. A little dizzy about 30 minutes later, like I had just had a cigarette after a long break. Not a showstopper though!

14:00 Cigarettes definitely tasting different, metallic. Certainly not smoking as many, those I do smoke are like extra lights i.e. no real hit or satisfaction.

18:00 Slept 2 hours this afternoon, no recollection of dreams.

Day Four

09:30 Went out for a good few beers yesterday evening, no side effects other than I smoked far less than normal. Slept well, no dreams. (7.5hrs)
    One 0.5mg Champix tablet was taken with water at 9.00am. Two pieces of toast and a chocolate doughnut (:o) consumed at same time. A bit hungover so unsure if low level nausea is from Champix or porter!!! First cigarette of the day gave no satisfaction at all, just lit from pure habit.

There.... told you I'd be boring you rigid!!! :D

Au Contraire - fascinating! Keep it up. I took Champix for a month and haven't smoked in 5.5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Rock on Timfy just brill that your sharing your dairy, have to take the dog for a walk back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭connewitz

Hi again all.
    Anyone else keeping a diary of their champix adventures?

I am writing diaries since my divorce and this was in 1997! Was going through very rough patches at this time as a single mum, 2 small kids and unemployed on top. So the diary was my best friend and helped me a hell of a lot out of depressions!
    Of course did I write my encounter with champix in it. Not so specified as yours, but a little bit for a while. I have to translate it from German to English, so maybe it sounds a little bit strange to English ears.:o
    Here it comes:
    19/04/10
    Try to write down how I go on with the champix and if I get any side effects.
    Took first one in the morning together with breakfast.
    Smoked as always (16 cigs).
    20/04/10
    Very tired today and a little bit dizzy. No desire for cigs at all. It is now 7:30 pm and I only smoked 5 cigs. They tasted very strange indeed!
    Start with the higher dosage in 2 days. Hope I will not be so tired all the time.
    21/04/10
    Smoked yesterday 8 cigs. Not so tired today and was feeling very well.
    22/04/10
    Smoked 5 cigs all day. Started with the evening tablet. No more side effects. Started exercising on the cross trainer. Feeling quite normal.
    23/04/10
    Second day on 2 tablets. No side effects. Now and then a desire to smoke. It is 6:30 pm and I smoked 3 cigs until now.
    24/04/10
    It is 9 pm and I smoked only 2 cigs until now. They tasted awful. No hit at all. Dreams getting really weird! I am seeing people in my dreams I did not see in ages! Very weird but pleasant and so vivid I do sometimes think it was real! Strange!!!
    25/04/10
    Slept only for a couple of hours. Was awake at 4 in the morning and could not get back to sleep. Very tired and restless.
    Still, done my exercise and felt a bit better afterwards.
    Smoked only 2 cigs again.
    26/-4/10
    Mohamed has to go to surgery. He will get all the parts of his lungs removed, which are cancerous. Hope everything goes well. (For the reader: Mohamed is a long time friend in Germany who was diagnosed with lung cancer and he was the reason for me to quit.)
    I am still a bit tired and don`t sleep so well. Dizzy as well.
    Had one cig and stubbed it out after smoking only the half of it. The taste was disgusting!
    28/04/10
    Sooooo tired and very dizzy today!
    Could not get rid of this tiredness all day long. Did not sleep well again. Only about 3 hours of sleep.
    Stopped yesterday with smoking! I am very proud of myself. Now all I have to do is stick with it and don`t give in again! I will stick to it this time. Mohamed is my age and I don`t want to end up like him!
    29/04/10
    Everything is normal. I am not tired or dizzy. Had vivid dreams but a good night sleep.

And so it goes on, with my disrupted sleep pattern, dizziness, stomach aches,noticing skin getting better and teeth getting whiter, fighting the urges at parties, checking every day into the board for support, exercising and counting calories to keep the weight off.
    So, and now after 1 year and nearly 2 months I am looking back in amusement! And I think, well done, you made it!
    But I don`t fool myself. I hear my friend Mohamed saying: Once a smoker-always a smoker! It really needs only one drag and I will start again. I was an addict and this I have to fight for the rest of my life.
    I hope, I did not bore you all.
    But there it is, my diary from this time.;)

Hi folks,
    Dairies are great but I have to say I would make a mental note and store it which may not be the best way of doing because its very difficult to remember everything but whatever works for you use it.
    I mentioned yesterday I brought my dog (snowy)for a walk and I will always remember and remember every time I walk him how I nearly gave up walking him because of what the cigarettes were doing to me.
    So use everything that motivates in your battle against cigarettes:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

terenc wrote: »
    Well done Reloc8 on day 2,
    People tend to differ on how long they get to the stage of not wanting a smoke. I went for day 8 but smoked my last 1 on day 10(I bought 20 on day 1) but the urge to have a smoke lessen immediately when I started the champix and the packet lasted for 10 days which was amazing, mine you,be on your guard, even though the urge to have one is suppressed the cig addiction is strong has we all know to our cost and well done again:D
    connewitz wrote: »
    Sure we will! First step done, more to come!
    You are on the right track and we all will help you to stay on it.
    Well done so far!!!!:D

Thanks folks.

Just an update on my champix experience - i've been keeping a slightly more detailed diary for my own reference which has been helpful too.

Basically I seem to fall into a very lucky category. 0 side effects (I take the pills with a glass of water - bit disappointed to miss out on the vivid dreams !) and 100% effective.

Took the pills per prescription for 7 days. Didn't want to smoke after 2 but kept going inasmuch as I had a planned quit date ahead of me, and I was bottling up the non-smoking vibes for future use.

Quit on day 8, that's one week ago, one day earlier than planned, but honestly I could not have kept on smoking with the pills.

Cigarettes smoked since = 0. I've been out for a few beers with my heavy smoking mates a couple of times since - not been tempted once.

Its not that you don't get a couple of minor cravings - actually twinges rather than cravings - but there is no physical sense of a need to smoke. Just the psychological hangover from your time as a smoker in certain situations.

I basically laugh these off and enjoy doing so.

Early days but it feels permanent and its been a good quit.

Within 3 days, sense of smell and taste improved.

I've been sleeping far, far, far better and have a huge increase in energy.

My appetite has increased dramatically and I've been running again for the first time in quite a while to get my metabolism moving in the right direction.

I'm breathing freely for the first time in 10 years.

Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Thanks folks.

Just an update on my champix experience - i've been keeping a slightly more detailed diary for my own reference which has been helpful too.

Basically I seem to fall into a very lucky category. 0 side effects (I take the pills with a glass of water - bit disappointed to miss out on the vivid dreams !) and 100% effective.

Took the pills per prescription for 7 days. Didn't want to smoke after 2 but kept going inasmuch as I had a planned quit date ahead of me, and I was bottling up the non-smoking vibes for future use.

Quit on day 8, that's one week ago, one day earlier than planned, but honestly I could not have kept on smoking with the pills.

Cigarettes smoked since = 0. I've been out for a few beers with my heavy smoking mates a couple of times since - not been tempted once.

Its not that you don't get a couple of minor cravings - actually twinges rather than cravings - but there is no physical sense of a need to smoke. Just the psychological hangover from your time as a smoker in certain situations.

I basically laugh these off and enjoy doing so.

Early days but it feels permanent and its been a good quit.

Good luck all.

Nice one Reloc8,

I hope my experience is every bit as "uneventful" as yours!!!!

Only 5 days in, set my quit date for day 11 although I have to admit that the cigarettes I'm smoking now are purely habit... getting no enjoyment from them at all. Because of this I'm already smoking half as many as before and that is without the application of any will power at all. I have to admit that my confidence levels are sky high :D

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Nice one Reloc8,

I hope my experience is every bit as "uneventful" as yours!!!!

Only 5 days in, set my quit date for day 11 although I have to admit that the cigarettes I'm smoking now are purely habit... getting no enjoyment from them at all. Because of this I'm already smoking half as many as before and that is without the application of any will power at all. I have to admit that my confidence levels are sky high :D

Reloc and Timfy! Just keep it going, you are sure on the right track!
    And I am delighted, that finally someone is on this thread with no side effects at all. This will teach the scare mongers!:D

Thanks connie - it just occurred to me that I have gotten the occasional stomach cramp which I associate with the pills - that's it though, and the benefits have outweighed this massively.

I have a mate who tried them though and had to stop after a couple of days due to nausea and vomitting - it seems you can be lucky or unlucky, and clearly should only be taking them under medical supervision.

Hi everybody,:) and well done.
    Just totting up how much I will have saved(or spent:)) when I get up to my 2 year mark which is fast approaching, wait for it
    9308 euro :):)
    Its funny now but how the hell did I manage to spend so much money over the years on trying to kill myself:eek:.

So am all smiles and one more reason not to smoke again

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Update time.

Im now off the cigs 2 weeks with the help of Zyban.Started 4 weeks ago and stopped 2 weeks ago today.

I feel better,have loads more energy an a lot less coughing.Had an endoscope 3 weeks ago and I really think it was the docs advice to stop thats motivated me.Says I dont have Barretts(thank fook) or gerd but I do have some redness in my esophagus(sp) that could get worse if I continue to smoke.

Fingers crossed I manage to stay off them for good this time even just for health reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jennie2011

Hi all,
    Day 8 and quit day!!
    I had originally set day 11 as quit day but since the 'joy' of smoking is gone, don't see the point in waiting.

Didn't smoke at all on day 6 and smoked 2yesterday, they tasted vile.

I'm having lots of vivid dreams, which seem so real but quite enjoying that :)

Still quite lethargic and a little spaced but no headaches or stomach problems.

My throat is very sore and felt like I was coming down with flu yesterday, I have read that these are symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. Can't wait to get rid of all nicotene from my body.

Fingers crossed I never smoke again!

Great to read others experiences!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Update time.

Im now off the cigs 2 weeks with the help of Zyban.Started 4 weeks ago and stopped 2 weeks ago today.

I feel better,have loads more energy an a lot less coughing.Had an endoscope 3 weeks ago and I really think it was the docs advice to stop thats motivated me.Says I dont have Barretts(thank fook) or gerd but I do have some redness in my esophagus(sp) that could get worse if I continue to smoke.

Fingers crossed I manage to stay off them for good this time even just for health reasons.
    Great stuff Hellrazer and this coming from a Barrett's (fook) and believe me you don't want it. I wish I could go back to the redness stage, but it is manageable has long I don't smoke again so well done again Hellrazer keep us posted on your progress.

Well done Jenny2011 I got something similar with flu like systems but it didn't last to long, its just your whole system cleaning up the mess left in your body from smoking so well done again.

Jennie2011 wrote: »

My throat is very sore and felt like I was coming down with flu yesterday, I have read that these are symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. Can't wait to get rid of all nicotene from my body.

I had a killer sore throat for the first couple of days.

Good luck and stick with it.

I can say I havn't had a craving for a cigarette the last two days (8 days in no smokes).

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Update time.

I am sure, you will manage. Maybe this was the scare you needed to bring it home - smoking kills you sooner or later! So, well done and keep the good work up! I will cross my fingers, toes and eyes for you!;):D

Jennie2011 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Day 8 and quit day!!
    I had originally set day 11 as quit day but since the 'joy' of smoking is gone, don't see the point in waiting.

Didn't smoke at all on day 6 and smoked 2yesterday, they tasted vile.

I'm having lots of vivid dreams, which seem so real but quite enjoying that :)

Still quite lethargic and a little spaced but no headaches or stomach problems.

Fingers crossed I never smoke again!

Great to read others experiences!

Just keep on going! You are well and truly on the right way! If you need help and support - just read through this thread and I am sure you will find it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cars701

Hi Everyone,

Great to hear you're all doing so well. Am on day 10 of Champix now. Feeling very tired - particularly in the afternoon 4pm ish / evening 9.00 pm ish. Also have some tummy cramps (again nothing bad); Tabs making me a bit nausious but nothing that would stop me taking them; I find that for about 3 hours after taking tab don't have any desire to smoke. Not getting the same hit from a ciggie and taste buds gone a bit funny, coffee tastes different, maybe that's because I'm not smoking as much as I normally would (about half what I used to). Have set day 14 for my quit day and was hoping that I would do it before then. Maybe there's something wrong with me, reading the threads above - although I'm on half what I used to I don't feel I could only smoke 2 a day yet. Trying to change my routine of things so I don't get the "trigger" to smoke. Feeling very down today - am I going to be a slave to these things for ever!!!! Bought Allen Carrs book on Sat and am reading that too (half way through); maybe when I get to the end and to quit day I'll be stronger. HELP !!!!!!

cars701 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Great to hear you're all doing so well. Am on day 10 of Champix now. Feeling very tired - particularly in the afternoon 4pm ish / evening 9.00 pm ish.

I had this for the first week - was going for a snooze on the sofa around 8pm for an hour or so. How bad :)
    Also have some tummy cramps (again nothing bad); Tabs making me a bit nausious but nothing that would stop me taking them;

I started getting these in the morning over the last couple of days. Not very pleasant, but momentary, relatively speaking.
    find that for about 3 hours after taking tab don't have any desire to smoke. Not getting the same hit from a ciggie

Pretty much same for me during first week.
    I'm not smoking as much as I normally would (about half what I used to). Have set day 14 for my quit day and was hoping that I would do it before then. Maybe there's something wrong with me, reading the threads above - although I'm on half what I used to I don't feel I could only smoke 2 a day yet.

No it does still take willpower and a determination to quit. Just makes things a whole lot easier. I think in the recent posts by myself and perhaps other newly quit folk, there is a touch of euphoria and delight in finding that quitting has been achievable with this drug - its not however a drug that makes you never have smoked before, or never have built up an addiction.

You still need to decide to quit. If you decide to keep smoking, that's what you'll do (but you'll be taking this drug at the same time which will mean you get no pleasure of cigarettes and which cost you a fair bit of money - bonkers no :D)

Trying to change my routine of things so I don't get the "trigger" to smoke. Feeling very down today - am I going to be a slave to these things for ever!!!!

This is a good idea. I find the best way to view the drug is it protects you mostly from the physical craving to smoke, as a primary effect. Its up to you to change your habits. The first week of taking it made me really realise just how much of my smoking addiction was by way of habit as opposed to physical need. This you need to tackle yourself.

As a secondary effect, smoking while taking the drug really is not pleasant - so knowng that you have that as a bolster to your quit efforts.

I found myself laughing at myself a little bit as I hit different situations which would have had me reaching for the smokes. I would have put my hand into my pocket to grab a lighter and slapped my other pocket looking for the box of fags sub-consciously. Then it would hit me 'hey I don't need to do that any more' and on we go.
    Bought Allen Carrs book on Sat and am reading that too (half way through); maybe when I get to the end and to quit day I'll be stronger. HELP !!!!!!

That's no harm. Look, you havn't hit your quit day yet. There's no need to panic. You can't view the drug as a wonder bullet, as said above, which takes all the responsibility off yourself to quit.

Finish day 13 with no smokes available to you. On day 14 don't smoke. That's it. Just get day 14 out of the way. Do the same thing on day 15, and so forth. 3 days in you have no nicotine left in your system and no more nicotine withdrawal to go through. Congratulations ! You are now a non-smoker.

Hours turn into days which turn into weeks and weeks to months all by themselves without you doing anything. Don't worry about 'forever'. Just get each day out of the way and keep on keeping on. When you started smoking you didn't make a plan to smoke for ever, now that you're quitting you don't need to either. Just get a few days under your belt and you will celebrating very quickly.

Are you going to be a slave to them for ever. When you quit, no. If you were not going to quit, then yes absolutely you would be, as you are now.

That's no harm. Look, you havn't hit your quit day yet. There's no need to panic. You can't view the drug as a wonder bullet, as said above, which takes all the responsibility off yourself to quit.

Finish day 13 with no smokes available to you. On day 14 don't smoke. That's it. Just get day 14 out of the way. Do the same thing on day 15, and so forth. 3 days in you have no nicotine left in your system and no more nicotine withdrawal to go through. Congratulations ! You are now a non-smoker.

Thanks Reloc8. I've only smoked 3 today, but am feeling a bit miserable and unmotivated.... have spent some time reading back these threads, which helped. Hubby keeps asking me if there's anything he can do !!! Wish there was, but I'm getting snappy with him for asking - and he's only trying to help! Am trying to focus on quit date and reducing cigs; only 3 today is huge for me. Hopefully will feel a bit better tomorrow or later today. It's a bitch ! Need to think of my children ! Thanks for support it really means a lot to me.

only 3 today is huge for me.

Exactly - so the drug is helping and you are making progress. You are right on schedule to quit day 14.

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

Great to hear you're all doing so well. Am on day 10 of Champix now. Feeling very tired - particularly in the afternoon 4pm ish / evening 9.00 pm ish. Also have some tummy cramps (again nothing bad); Tabs making me a bit nausious but nothing that would stop me taking them; I find that for about 3 hours after taking tab don't have any desire to smoke. Not getting the same hit from a ciggie and taste buds gone a bit funny, coffee tastes different, maybe that's because I'm not smoking as much as I normally would (about half what I used to). Have set day 14 for my quit day and was hoping that I would do it before then. Maybe there's something wrong with me, reading the threads above - although I'm on half what I used to I don't feel I could only smoke 2 a day yet. Trying to change my routine of things so I don't get the "trigger" to smoke. Feeling very down today - am I going to be a slave to these things for ever!!!! Bought Allen Carrs book on Sat and am reading that too (half way through); maybe when I get to the end and to quit day I'll be stronger. HELP !!!!!!

Hi cars701
    Well done on getting this far because it is a tough journey,believe in yourself and don't get hung up on the stop date, I went over my stop date and am sure other people have also. Its great that you went out and bought Allen Carr's book because we do need all the help we can to stop smoking and half of what you use to smoke seems like success to me.:D. Rock on.

Hi Everyone,

Maybe there's something wrong with me, reading the threads above - although I'm on half what I used to I don't feel I could only smoke 2 a day yet. Trying to change my routine of things so I don't get the "trigger" to smoke. Feeling very down today - am I going to be a slave to these things for ever!!!! Bought Allen Carrs book on Sat and am reading that too (half way through); maybe when I get to the end and to quit day I'll be stronger. HELP !!!!!!

What you described before is typical for the champix. Many of us went through it. Just try to sit it out. And NO - there is nothing wrong with you!!! Everyone has a different body and if one can stop after 4 days of champix another has to take them for 2 or 3 weeks before the desire goes away. Don`t worry, you are on your way. Well done so far. Never read A.Carr, but if it helps, why not. Every little helps!:D:D:D:D:D

Hi cars701
    Well done on getting this far because it is a tough journey,believe in yourself and don't get hung up on the stop date, I went over my stop date and am sure other people have also. Its great that you went out and bought Allen Carr's book because we do need all the help we can to stop smoking and half of what you use to smoke seems like success to me.:D. Rock on.

Thanks Terenc and Reloc8; Trying to keep positive. Although find myself thinking of ciggies far more than I used to; maybe that's a good thing; keep talking to myself about them - quoting Allen Carr to myself as I drive and go about my business. Day 11 today; had people over for dinner last night and only smoked 2 cigs - was very proud of myself - normally would have went through 20; and there were two smokers there also. Feeling a bit nauseous this morning but I know it will pass in about 15 mins; tirdness wasn't as bad last night though so maybe that's passing and energy levels will return. Well done to everyone - that's another day gone. Keep strong and determined. We have absolutely nothing to gain by smoking - NOTHING. Have a good day everyone.

What you described before is typical for the champix. Many of us went through it. Just try to sit it out. And NO - there is nothing wrong with you!!! Everyone has a different body and if one can stop after 4 days of champix another has to take them for 2 or 3 weeks before the desire goes away. Don`t worry, you are on your way. Well done so far. Never read A.Carr, but if it helps, why not. Every little helps!:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Connewitz; that's great to know; thought I was abnormal in some way; feeling more positive today; have noticed that I can smell ciggies (bad smell !) whereas before I didn't notice at all; A. Carr's book is very good - and you can flick back to the bit that motivates you and re-read. Sat down yesterday to read it and felt a twinge for ciggie (as you would) but once I started reading desire went and I had an apple ! I suppose it's a bit like having this thread in paperback..... it's a motivator. Have a good day Connewitz.

Thanks Connewitz; that's great to know; thought I was abnormal in some way; feeling more positive today; have noticed that I can smell ciggies (bad smell !) whereas before I didn't notice at all; A. Carr's book is very good - and you can flick back to the bit that motivates you and re-read. Sat down yesterday to read it and felt a twinge for ciggie (as you would) but once I started reading desire went and I had an apple ! I suppose it's a bit like having this thread in paperback..... it's a motivator. Have a good day Connewitz.

Love the bit about the apple!!!;) Just keep going, you have the right mind set!
    By the way people, did you realize that we are at page 100!:D
    We are soooooooo good! This has to be a huge success for all of us - the still smokers and the no more smokers!;)

Love the bit about the apple!!!;) Just keep going, you have the right mind set!
    By the way people, did you realize that we are at page 100!:D
    Great stuff connewitz must look up what page I came in at and its been one hell of a journey in the battle against cigarettes, I went to a BBQ last night (work) and I had a few drinks, people smoking round me and I really enjoyed myself :):) but go back 12 months and I couldn't go because I felt I couldn't handle the pressure of not having a smoke and a drink in that surroundings was like playing Russian roulette and I just didn't go,I dont know if I would have smoked, But has often been said on this thread every moment , second, hour, day, week, your off cigarettes you become STRONGER AND STRONGER and you will WIN out in the end.
    Time to take snowy for a walk:D
    Page 58

Great stuff connewitz must look up what page I came in at and its been one hell of a journey in the battle against cigarettes, I went to a BBQ last night (work) and I had a few drinks, people smoking round me and I really enjoyed myself :):) but go back 12 months and I couldn't go because I felt I couldn't handle the pressure of not having a smoke and a drink in that surroundings was like playing Russian roulette and I just didn't go,I dont know if I would have smoked, But has often been said on this thread every moment , second, hour, day, week, your off cigarettes you become STRONGER AND STRONGER and you will WIN out in the end.
    Time to take snowy for a walk:D
    Page 58

It was really a roller coaster for a while. I had 4 weeks after my quit day a Christening party and done well until about 5 pm. Then the rain came in and all the people started smoking in the house. I had a very strong urge to just lit one up. Only one!!! But instead I did leave the party. My partner was not very happy about it, but I did know, if I stay I smoke again.
    This was the hardest test. Now I can sit hours and hours among smokers and it does not bother me. I am so happy about it. Yes, we are getting stronger day by day!
    Time for me now to bring my dog (Jack Russel named Finn) for his run on the canal. I walk, he runs!;)
    Will have a look at page 58 later on!:)

Hi folks,
    Another weekend over(nearly),how is everybody keeping.

I've cut my champix back to one pill in the morning - just don't find I need to take the second one in the evening and figure (as with most drugs) the lower effective doseage the better.

I have about 10 days left (at full dose) so 20 at my halved dose. I plan to take them for one more week and then come off it, keeping some in reserve in case I need to go back on, but I think that is quite unlikely.

I havn't smoked at all for 2 weeks as per my planned quit day - I can't in all conscience say that it has been very difficult to achieve this; quite the opposite in fact.

• Advertisement

Reloc8 wrote: »
    I've cut my champix back to one pill in the morning - just don't find I need to take the second one in the evening and figure (as with most drugs) the lower effective doseage the better.

I have about 10 days left (at full dose) so 20 at my halved dose. I plan to take them for one more week and then come off it, keeping some in reserve in case I need to go back on, but I think that is quite unlikely.

I havn't smoked at all for 2 weeks as per my planned quit day - I can't in all conscience say that it has been very difficult to achieve this; quite the opposite in fact.

Well done Reloc8; envying you rotten ! Wish I was in the space you are right now - hopefully will get there. :)

Advertisement